Gregory the stage fellow | Teen Ink

Gregory the stage fellow

January 25, 2017
By NikRich BRONZE, Ddd, Maine
NikRich BRONZE, Ddd, Maine
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments


This is Gregory Smith he is a male with black hair,  dark brown eyes and white skin. Gregory is skinny, weak but 6 ft tall strange I know. Gregory has a high pitch nerdy voice and loves to use big words and expressions. Gregory wears the same pink shirt and khaki pants everyday.  Everyone believes that it's his only pair of clothes. Gregory is really good at math.  Well, school in general he has a 4.0 gpa and loves spending all of his free time studying for school.
Gregory gets bullied everyday but still somehow enjoys life. Gregory lives with his mom because his dad left him when he was young. His mom works two jobs and still doesn't make enough. Gregory is an only child his favorite food is cat food because that's all his mom can afford to feed him. Gregory has never had any friends his whole life because he is socially awkward. So he talks to himself in the mirror. Throughout the day you will see him pull his mirror out and just start talking about random things. Gregory was born in Cleveland Ohio and still lives there today.
Gregory’s goal in life is to be the coolest kid in school. Gregory has many nicknames sadly none of which are good names. People call him dummy, giraffe and goofy. Gregory has been bullied his whole life and is hatted so much that even the bystanders join in with the bullies to help bully him.
Gregory wasn't really the popular type in school he showed up to school to learn and learning was all he really cared about. Never really talked to people or cared to. One day gregory was on his way to class, he was running a few minutes late because he had stayed after class to talk to one of the teachers about how to calculate a big equation. When Gregory had left the class the halls were empty. Gregory was 5 minutes late to class, he had never been late before so he started to have an anxiety attack. He was running as fast as he could trying to spare even a second as if it would make a difference.
All of a sudden out of no wear “crack” !!  The next thing gregory remembers was trying to get up from the ground. Some one had close lined him but he couldn't make out who had done it because his vision was blurry because he had hit his head on the floor on way down to the ground. Gregory heard a ringing sound in his ears but then the ringing turned to a voice talking to him.
“Where you running to so fast ? to class ? is poor little Gregory running a little late ?  Hahaha your not running at all anymore cause I knocked you down. Ahahahha” the man laughed.
Gregory hasn't spoken a word or even let out a noise he was to busy trying to figure out whose voice it was. Who would bully him like his ? He had never been knocked down so hard before. He then thought to himself wait who wouldn’t do this to me.
“Hey, stupid head are you going to answer me ?” said the voice.
“Huhhhh” gregory said.
“What's that ? you trying to say something ? asked the voice.”
Gregory’s site came back he knew who it was the man was Mr. Brown. But how ? and why ? Gregory had just talked to Mr. Brown five minutes ago why would he do this to him ?
“Mr Brown ?” gregory said, puzzled.
Mr. Brown replied, “yes Gregory it is me Mr. Brown and I bet you're wondering why I would do something like this to you and it's for one reason. To teach you a lesson.”
“A lesson? ” Gregory mumbled out.
“Ya a lesson” Mr. Bown repeated. “Someone needs to teach you how to be a man. I'm tired of seeing you get bullied everyday by almost everyone in the school. You need to learn to do something about it you need to learn how to defend yourself. What I just did to you was an example of what I want you to do to the next person that messes with you. I’m trying to help you.”
  “Okay”, said Gregory, with a tear coming from his eye. “But why would you do this to me ? you could've just showed me or told me what to do.”
“No I couldn't have because you would of thought I was joking and never would of took what I told you into consideration. Now you know it's no joke and you will remember this.” Explained Mr. Brown.
“When you put it that way it makes a little more sense.” mumbled Gregory.
“Good !” said Mr Brown. “NOW GET TO CLASS” he yelled.
Gregory hopped up to his feet and ran to class the reset of the way as fast as he could. As Gregory opened the door to his 3rd hour classroom his teacher
Mrs. James said “Gregory you're late to class, That's not like you.”
Gregory yelled “THAT'S Enough !!”
Gregory sprinted at Mrs. James remembering what Mr. Brown had said and closed lined her. After that he began to punch her repeatedly, until other students had to pull him off. Gregory was dragged out of the classroom and directly to the office where he waited for the principal.  …
“Okay send him in.” the principal said.
“You heard her, first door on the left” said one of the secretary in a nasty tone.
Gregory got up from the chair in the office and began to slowly walk down the dark hall to the third door on the left it was the only room down the whole hall with the lights on. The door was slightly cracked open. Gregory leaned forward and peeked through the crack. Then he was interrupted by the principle.
“COME IN!” he said in a very disappointed voice. “Gregory, what had gotten into you ? I never thought I’d have to talk you about beating up a person, usually you're the one that's getting beat up.” The principle let out a little laugh.
“Gregory I'm really disappointed in you. First,  I want you to walk back down to the classroom apologize to your teacher, then continue the rest of your day but don't bother coming to school on Monday cause your suspended two weeks.”
The principal gave him a letter.
“Have your Mother sign this and bring it back in two weeks. Now leave.”

After the two weeks Gregory returned back to school. It was different when he returned everyone was nice to him they would talk to him as if they were scared of him in some way. from that day on no one ever picked on or messed with Gregory in school again. Gregory's dream came true he was now the most popular kid in school. Everyone knew who he was and respected him but not for good reasons.


The author's comments:

Its a short story