Save By the Law | Teen Ink

Save By the Law

January 20, 2017
By Anonymous

Sitting up tight in his hardwood chair eating bits of his nasty lunch food. He feels a bone touch his temple. He blasted out of chair throwing fist at his ex girlfriend boyfriend. On the corner of his eye, he spots his teacher approaching red faced an all. A few moments later the teacher grabs his arm, pulling him back from the fighting. “What's the matter with you.” the teacher said. Walking Eric to the principal's office.


Hours later Principal White came from his lunch break coming through the door and spots a glance at Eric.” Again, I told you last week if you got into trouble you're outta here.”Mr. White said. I know, but he started it he hit me in the face for no reason.  But you fought back, you are in the same amount trouble as he is. When you leave here i'll advise you to stay out of trouble.


Weeks later, Eric had to go to a private school for bad kids for the rest of the school year. He had collages offer him scholarships, but they all did not want a part of him anymore. At the end of the year Eric had decided to go into a community college instead of not going to college at all. He had been there for a couple of months , Eric’s mother had told him he needed to get his life together. So he decided that the army would do such that.
He had inclined to go to the army. Months and months later they responded saying yes, Eric had already had a job at a market, but he had no other choice but to do it. He didn't want to but he had to.  A man in a General outfit came to his house and asked if Eric was present. “Yes, he is sir.” he asked if he could speak with him. They were talking for over an hour on if he was ready and asking him questions.


When Eric was accepted into the army, he had to get packed his clothes and get on a plane to do a soldier's creed before he officially joined the army. During the soldier's creed he was going through basic training, also he had to read a Soldier's Creed “I Am’’over and over again.  When Eric finally was able to actually get to be in uniform and dress accordingly in the line of duty shooting and fighting for America.


Eric was accepted in the Vietnam war, which was one of the biggest war the united nation  had faced. In the line of duty Eric had got shot in the leg and his bud Donny helped him to safety. Afterwards, Eric was asked by the general if he wanted to stay and fight. Erik had to say no. the doctor convinced Erik to not continue fighting. Erik was awarded the purple heart.


Afterwards, Eric was looking for a day to day job. He was working for a business for the government, he found a woman and years got married and got two kids and a wonderful wife. He is retired and ready for the next life.