One Open Sky | Teen Ink

One Open Sky

By kj130 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin
kj130 PLATINUM, Hartland, Wisconsin

She is the only one who sees all. She is the only one who knows all my secrets. One open sky with plump white clouds and birds who sing high. One who doesn’t know why she’s here, but is here. One lonely and mystery few appreciate. From down here, everyone can see her, but up there she feels so alone, even when the sun shines through her.
Her strength is secret. She sends sunshine upon them once a day. She reaches up and reaches down and carries the kites that fly in her path, only for them to go home and her to anticipate their return. This is how she is strong.
When she forgets her reason for being, she puts drops upon them, thousands, making other feel how she does. Strong, strong, strong she says lifelong. She can hold on.
When I am too sad to stay strong, when I am feeling so small and alone, then it is I look at the sky. When there is only gray to look at up above. One who danced despite her rain. One who was strong and do not forget to stay strong. One whose only reason to shine is you.