You Miss Me? | Teen Ink

You Miss Me?

December 12, 2016
By Sanaa.perro BRONZE, Colorado Springs, CO, Colorado
Sanaa.perro BRONZE, Colorado Springs, CO, Colorado
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Better call becky with good hair."


You miss me?

The music in the truck was quiet as Kyle made his way to Tiana’s house. The girl hadn’t been in contact with him all day. She probably lost her phone, he thought.
He let out a frustrated sigh as the soft light of one of the numerous street lamps shown across his face. Kyle casted a glance at his at phone, hoping for the screen to illuminate with a message or call from her. Nothing. His hand gripped the steering wheel tighter as he continued down the empty road.
Kyle arrived at her housing complex in a couple of minutes. He retrieved his key out of the ignition and made his way up the stairs to the second door apartment. He knocked and a few long seconds later she answered.
“Kyle…?”
Her eyes were wide with surprise. She wasn’t expecting him. Kyle’s eyes grew the size of saucers, as he absorbed his friend’s appearance. There Tiana stood bruised, and battered. A busted lip, swollen eye, and a number of other bruises.
“What happened?”
Kyle managed out once he found his voice.  Her eyes darted nervously looking everywhere but him. A tell tell sign that she was about to lie, he shook his head.  He closed his eyes for a second as he let out an irked huff.
“Don’t even think of lying to me.”
Tiana stared at him blankly for a few seconds, before she told him. A series of jumbled words that ran together at first, but gradually became easier to understand. With each word Kyle's anger escalated. A helpless expression masked her face. When she broke down into his arms sobbing, as cliché as it sounds, Kyle's control broke like a flooded damn. It shook him to the core, Brenna never cried. He wrapped his around her petite body. 
Her crying subsided, eventually, and he loosened his hold.  Trying to ignore her red eyes and tear stained face, he cleared his throat.
“Do you need anything?”
“It's more of a want than a need...I could take a tub of mint chocolate chip right now.”
She replied with a shy smile.  He looked at her for a moment before returning her smile.  Kyle nodded and got up. When his hand reached the door he looked over his shoulder and told her he’d be back in a few. Giving her a timid smile he left.
When Kyle made it to his car. He sat there calmly for a moment, before he lost it. Hitting the steering wheel as he let out an array of curse words. If anyone walked past his truck they would've seen a grown man having a tantrum. A couple minutes later he collected himself and went to the gas station.
In record time he was out of the store. Leaving with the ice cream, some cookies, and a six pack. The latter was for Kyle, he needed something to numb his senses. He grabbed a can and threw the remaining items in the back of his car. The sound of the can opening filled the car, he took a large gulp. Cringing at the taste but relishing in the feeling it gave. Driving out of the parking lot he drove to his last destination.
Kyle sat parked outside of the residence for a while until he came into view. Victor Riley, the ‘Perfect Man’, walked out his house behind a young lady. Kyle only met him in once, but knew enough about him to develop a strong dislike for the man. He was known for his college degree and good looks, not known for his nasty habit of abusing women he's in relationships with. Tiana was the last victim, the lady on Victor's arm was most likely the next. Kyle watched as the two shared a lengthy kiss. The girl went to her car and drove off, and Victor went back into his house with a smug look plastered on his face.
It was then and there that Kyle decided he was going to dismember Mr. Perfect’s limbs. He got out of his car and jogged across the street to the entryway. He rang the doorbell, looking straight ahead waiting for Victor to open the door.

When the door finally opened Kyle didn't wait a second before his left hand shot out and sucker punched him on the jaw. Victor recoiled and stumbled backwards into the house, Kyle followed. Victor’s hand shot up to rub his jaw. Kyle stalked forward and grabbed him by his jacket collar. His teeth were clenched as he looked a fraction of a man in the eye. Victor cringed under his scrutiny. Kyle punched him in the stomach and twisted Victor’s right arm back when he doubled over.
“If I ever hear about you laying your hand on a female again, we’re going to have a bigger problem than the one we already have, ok?”
“I don’t know what yo—“
Kyle’s grip on his arm tightened, he let out a sound of extreme discomfort.
“Okay!?”
“Yeah, ok.” 
Kyle let go and straightened out. Victor whirled around and swung at him. Kyle didn’t move out the way quick enough and took the hit to the chin. He fell on his backside with a thud.  Seeing his opponent on the floor, Victor walked over to his wooden bat that laid next to his fire place, and grabbed it. Kyle watched as Victors expression took on a sinister look.  He looked at the bat, then at the frightened Kyle, and swung. The bat hit its target with a sickening cracking sound. He watched as Kyle collapsed down. The metallic smell of blood clouded his sinuses as it pooled at his feet.  He almost felt bad about his actions…almost. Victor stepped over him and left the house.
Tiana was sitting on the couch, wrapped up in a blanket, when there was a knock at her door.  Finally, she thought. What took him so long? She was starting to get restless. When the door opened she was not greeted by the boyish looks she expected. More like the opposite.
“You miss me?”


The author's comments:

A school assignment that I just ran with.