MOdest proposal | Teen Ink

MOdest proposal

By Kailyn-9210 BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan
Kailyn-9210 BRONZE, Freeland, Michigan

A Modest Proposal: A Satirical Solution for Human Trafficking

FOR PREVENTING THE ESCALATION AND LONG TERM PERPETUATION OF HUMAN TRAFFICKING.

It is a melancholy object to those who are captured in the horrifying sexual slavery, Incongruity- and become an item to their master who sell them to over twenty other men every night, (This is an incongruity because you can not buy a human being in a store they are a person not a item people are not to be sold). Who strip them from the world, make them feel like they are worth nothing, telling them  that they are worth nothing to the world. Oxymoron- It is mind-blowing to think that children make up over “half of all trafficking victims” in the world, many of those do not make it out of the trafficking ring, (mind-blowing is an oxymoron because your mind does not blow up it means that you can not belive that it is true), (Human Trafficking Facts and Stats). Human trafficking is the fastest growing crime in the world, it will eventually take over the world. The whole world will revolve around a new form of slavery that takes people’s individual rights away and force women and children into acts that they do not want.

I think it is agreed by all parties that the life-threatening occurrence of human trafficking is putting children and women in extreme danger, Incongruity/ oxymoron- children as young as twelve are getting treated like they are worthless gold, (it is a incongruity because gold has nothing to do with people being sold for sexual slavery and it is also a oxymoron because gold is not worthless). Sarcasm- Traffickers do not just sell their “items”, they are beaten and raped by men they are sold to and by their trafficker, ( I feel like by calling the person or victim an item is like saying it to hurt someone’s feeling). Victims that are able to make it out of trafficking come out of it as a completely different person, most can not even look at themselves because they were treated so horribly. All of the abuse that has happened affects the victims lives forever. Most victims have PTSD forever many have mental disorders, emotional problems that will never go away and will haunt them for the rest of their lives. A portion of victims do not make it out of trafficking
Garchow 2
alive, many are beaten to death. Human trafficking needs to be put to a stop as soon as possible people are getting brutally beaten and killed. Help these people get their lives back. What can you do to help save these victims lives and how will it affect you in the end?

But my intention is far from being confined to provide only for the betterment of being able to find the victims caught in the trafficking, and those who come up missing that could be forced into trafficking. Verbal Irony- oxymoron- Also to make those victims awfully lucky to be helped taken out of their deathbed and back to the real world, ( verbal irony by saying their death bed saying they are dead/buried when it actually meant help take them  from a horrible situation, and the awfully lucky is a oxymoron because you can not be awful and lucky).

As to my own part, I have studied the proposals of other projectors, and concluded that they are not nearly as effective as they claim to be able to solve the problem completely. The U.S. Government has had two major solutions that they have tried to do that were thought was going to stop human trafficking. “The U.S. Congress passed  the Trafficking Victims Protection Act”, which was put into place to help prevent trafficking of people, also for the prosecution of criminals, (Innocents at Risk). The most important thing in this act is to help protect and give assistance to the victims of human trafficking. This act has not helped stop trafficking rings, this was mostly made to help the victims get help with their effects from the trafficking. On the other hand the U.S. Department of Justice has had a more successful way of stopping some of the trafficking. “ The U.S. department of Justice, is prosecuting cases of trafficking as much as possible, they are discarding the cases that are brought to them as soon as possible”, (Innocents at Risk). Their solution has done way more than the other and has shut down some of the trafficking rings and help victims get out. Hyperbole- If the U.S. does not find a solution soon our whole world will be taken over by trafficking. This will help track down the people behind trafficking when their identity is known to get them off the streets.

I will now present my own idea, which I hope will not be subject to any disagreement.

I humbly offer it to public consideration that humankind as a cohesive and cooperative unit, should require to have every child born and all children to get the micro-chip gps locator implanted in their arm. Hyperbole- If you do not get this implant it could be a life or death situation for your child and their safety, (it is a hyperbole because it would not kill you if you did not get it so it would be an exaggeration ).

Garchow 3
In this scenario the government will be able to know your location and where to find you if something was to happen. This chip will have information about you,  a description of you and your name so then you can be found anywhere in the world, if you were to be a victim of human trafficking or came up missing.  Incongruity- The chip will be placed in
your arm and will not be noticeable to see outside the skin, (incongruity because putting a foreign object into your skin is not where it is suppose to be). This will have a big impact on society by helping children get out of trafficking,  and catch the traffickers behind the trafficking rings.

Of course the world is clearly confused about what they can do to help stop this problem, how are we supposed to get everybody to go and get this chip implanted into their arm, Oxymoron- (clearly confused is impossible so it is an oxymoron). The U.S. Government needs to make a law that implies that every citizen of the U.S. must get the chip implanted before the end of the year. This will have to be taken to the president Trump,  and we the people will have to have an amazingly good reason why this law needs to be created. 

These drastic and sudden changes will be extremely difficult to get everyone to agree with getting a microchip implanted into them. Most people will object having something implanted into their skin to track their location because they will think that it every person know where they are if they just look up your name. Situational Irony- This chip is harmless to you and will not give your location to anyone except the government, (because people will think that this chip will kill them and that everyone will know their location).

I can think of no valid objection that may be introduced to antagonize this proposal but people might think that it could possibly put themselves and their family in danger. Oxymoron- Even if this is not affecting certain people they will want to give their unbiased opinion, and speak their mind. All of the information that is kept in this microchip will be confidential no one can see it except for the government.

Again, no one should dare to suggest these notions to me until they have a small spark of hope that these actions may be implemented.

It is not that I do not respect the input of others on the subject of solutions to this topic, but simply that I have been hearing about this problem for months now and I started to research it about a week and a half ago and it is a serious problem in the world. This is the only way that we will be able to save people and find out where it is happening
to shut it down without knowing where these people are that are being trafficked we will not be able to shut it down without their location, which we will have from thee microchip.