Favorite Vacation Spot | Teen Ink

Favorite Vacation Spot

By Rebeil BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire
Rebeil BRONZE, Exeter, New Hampshire

“Plane 21, rows 1-10 please aboard now.”

The excitement ran through my body. My mom, my dad, my brother, and I quickly rushed up to the aircraft assistant to give her our plane tickets. I had not been to Mexico or Arizona for two very long years. Family awaited for us across the huge country. As soon as I sat down I crashed and fell into a deep sleep. Next thing I knew, my mom was waking me up because we had practically arrived.
My aunt and uncle were there to pick us up at around 1am. We were all very exhausted from all the excitement and uncomfortableness of the plane. So when we reached my aunt's house we unpacked everything and fell back asleep.
The next morning my uncle made us mexican food for breakfast and we devoured it. It was probably the best, best, best food I had had since the last time I had been there, and I was definitely looking forward to the next two weeks we were going to be spend there and in Mexico.
After we ate breakfast we went to go visit more family because the majority of our family lives in Arizona. We spent the whole day with my dad’s side of the family. We went swimming in burning hot weather and did not come out until we turned into bright red lobsters and we partied the whole rest of the day while eating the perfect chips and the perfect salsa. Before I even knew it, another day had flown by very quickly and we were getting ready for tomorrow, which meant visiting Mexico.
I woke up anxiously at 5am ready to head on out to Mexico, even though everyone else was still asleep. Once everyone had woken up my family and I drove out to Mexico with three of my cousins and their parents. When we arrived at the hotel it was 9pm and the pool was closed so instead of staying at the hotel we went to a nearby mall. My dad bought small acorn shaped objects called bellotas. People always eat them as a snack in Mexico. I did not know this at the time but I am allergic to them. So the next morning after I had tried the bellotas I woke up with some hives, but did not say anything because there were not many and for some reason I thought they were going to go away. I was obviously wrong. It seemed as if every minute that past I would get another hive. Eventually my body was invaded by these hives and my parents noticed it, so my dad and my uncle went to a pharmacy nearby to get medicine. Before I went to bed I took the medicine and woke up without a single hive the following morning.
I could now fully enjoy my vacation.
As soon as we all woke up we threw on our bathing suits and coverups, we had breakfast quesadillas, and then we plunged into the steaming hot waters of Mexico. Before I even touched the water I read a sign that said Peligro de Mantarrayas which literally means Danger of Stingrays. As my cousin and I rushed in we saw a weird shaped object, it looked like a stingray. We had completely forgotten about the sign. We were about to touch it when we remembered seeing the sign and that is when we hauled out of the water. As we ran out we saw something blue and bubbly shaped. We asked our parents what it was and they told us it was a jellyfish. I did not like that. Even though it felt as if I was in paradise, the stingrays and jellyfish made me want to stay out of the water. For the next two days we practically repeated what we had done the first day we were there. We had breakfast quesadillas and we went swimming the rest of the day while snacking on the best mexican food, raspados de chamoy and churros con nutella.
When it was time to go we shoved everything into our luggage, said our goodbyes, and drove straight to the airport. We awaited the plane for two hours. None of us wanted to leave but we did miss home, so we were looking forward to that. As soon as we got on the plane, my dad; my mom; my brother; and I feel asleep in the blink of an eye.
Arizona and Mexico are by far my favorite places to visit.