Haunted Love | Teen Ink

Haunted Love

By _cheesenuggets BRONZE, Arlington, Texas
_cheesenuggets BRONZE, Arlington, Texas

The wind was blowing through her beautiful, long locks of hair and the ocean that lived within her eyes was glistening from the sun’s rays that perfectly hit her angelic face. She illuminated from everyone around her, it was as if there was a bright halo surrounding her entire soul. Her smile could brighten up any blind guy’s day, Her voice could warm a deaf child with her rich, mellow words. And her eyes, oh boy those eyes, you could easily get lost in. I knew I loved her before I met her because someway, somehow she has always been there beside me like the presence of a guardian angel waiting until it was time, the perfect time to lead me to this prepossessing human that was only just an arm’s length away in front of me. Her eyes. Her lips. Her fingertips. All held a sweet, soft touch of love that I hold so dearly and will hold until death does me apart from this world.
     I have never met anyone like her, and I never thought that I would ever fall in love with anyone like her, but oddly I did, I fell deeply, madly, truly in love with her.
     I was hastily trying to make my way down to my calculus class, when I suddenly got struck by a soccer ball and my binder went zooming to the ground. As I bent down to grab my binder I heard gentle footsteps coming my way. Just as I was about to bicker at whoever threw that ball at me I caught eyes with the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Her hair was a soft lavender color, full of curls and waves, and she had the most captivating blue eyes. I struggled to get words across to this beautiful person who stood in front of me, thankfully she started off the conversation by worriedly apologizing for accidentally hitting me on the chest with the soccer ball. I awkwardly smiled at her trying to assure her that I was fine, still struggling to formulate any words. She began to smile when she realized how nervous I was. She then pulled out her hand and said, “Hi, my name is Guadalupe”. Stunned by this I pushed my hand out to shake forgetting that I was holding my binder and again it met the ground. She chuckled and my face turned warm with embarrassment. I said, “ Well I guess I am not the only thing falling for you”, I immediately regretted saying that and she laughed. She asked, “So what is your name, smooth one?”. “Jason, nice to meet you” I stated. She said,” Same to you, see you around Jason”. She smiled and left.
     Within a week after we met, we started dating. It has to be the best relationship I have ever been in, but with all great things, comes an end. That was the past, those are the memories I replay every solitary night. She was now in front of me only an arm’s length away and I was still admiring everything about her that made me fall in love with her in the beginning. Except, she has forgotten all about those memories we shared full of love and happiness, she has moved on. She now has love for the guy that is holding her the way I used to, the guy that is making her smile they way I use to. Though she has learned to find love for another, I will always be haunted by my love for her.

Late nights

Good times