Doing God's Work

It was mid morning on a cold December day, when the local toy store was held up. Because it was Christmas season, there were many parents, grandparents, even aunts and uncles there. More importantly, were the poor kids, terrorized by the sight of the man pointing a gun at them. Their fears suddenly intensified, as a crack of thunder resounded through the store, the gunman falling down. Two twin loud noises came right afterwards, with men that had shirts that said Police on them rushing into the store from the back.

A lone police officer with a cross around his neck walked calmly in the front of the store, not holding a gun like the others, but a bible. He waved for the hostages to exit the store behind him, which they happily did. One woman stopped and asked him one question before she left. 'How is it you can do your job following your religion without sinning?'

'I help people,' the officer said. 'What more can I do to help out my god?'

Airidella said...
I don't get it

usmiechnijsie17 said...
awsome ! i really liked the idea although i do see room for improvement. i think more details would answer lots of questions about the situation given :)

Falling.Up. replied...
i like the idea of it, and i seriously think that this could be made into a great story! i used that same picture for one of my poems! lol great job!

inkers This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very good message! Be careful though, "God" needs to be capitalized here! <3

Annieboo said...
Even though it was short, the message was really clear.  I like how you kept a unique angle on it and the last line was a good closer.

LexiB said...
Oct. 16, 2010 at 9:02 am
I like it, but I think it would be better if it were longer.

LeonLionheart said...
Sept. 20, 2010 at 2:53 am

Hey everybody, 

I just wanted to stop by and let you guys know that I've gone and added quite a bit to this story, so if anybody wants me to upload it let me know and I'll do so.

1Corinthians13:4_8 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i lovve your creativity ! (: Your story reminded me of how in the bible the word of god is sharper than a doubled edged sword. keep wriing about what you believe in !

Beardded Goth Girl said...
Mar. 24, 2010 at 6:00 am
Beautiful @ inspiring

BreeTayler This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love it and I appreciate it. Thank you.

outoforder2014 said...
Jan. 17, 2010 at 8:10 am
I love how the American flag is the picture for this post :D

thesilverrose said...
Wonderful!!! I love the story. My favorite part is the end when the lady stops and talks to the officer. His reply is so great. Keep writing! Two thumbs up!

undignified said...
i like it!

Healing_Angel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
This is interesting. You should continue it.