Goodbye | Teen Ink

Goodbye

June 6, 2016
By Jaidin BRONZE, Mattawan, Michigan
Jaidin BRONZE, Mattawan, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

“I don't see why you're leaving , I just don't understand!” I said in anger.

“Jaidin, it's a new experience , a new city , a new life.” My sister Bridgett said in awe.
“ But you already have a life I don't see why you need a new one.” I replied giving her a I-don't-want-you-to-leave face.
“ I know Jaidin but it is a huge opportunity , and I only going to be a few states away. It’s not like I am going to a different country.” Bridgett replied.
“Fine , but what if you find a new 13 year old sister that is 10 and a half years younger than you?.” I said giving up trying to persuade her to stay.
“Jaidin I will miss you too but I have to move on with my life , and can call me anytime you want to.”Bridgett said, “and won’t it will be nice having your own bathroom.
I thought about it for a second then it hit me , How will I steal her cool gadgets in the morning and if I hid them now she’ll know before she leaves.
“Yeah I guess you're right ,” I said in rejection.”well it is pretty late I better get to bed.”
In the morning I woke up at dawn to say goodbye to Bridgett. As she walked up the stairs her hair was covering her face like a mop was on her head.  Feet clumping ,eyes fluttering she looked at me.
“Hi Jaidin” she said tiredly.  The cat , a big fat thing of fluff, came to greet Bridgett .
“Hi when are you leaving?”
“The blue van, small and smelly, is leaving at Three thirty.
“Oh” I said , I only have a few hours with her. A blonde 23 year old , bratty and sweet , is leaving in a few hours. I can’t believe this!
“Well I better finish packing I will see you in a bit.” Bridgett said in a hurry
As Bridgett packed her belongings  , I sat on the couch waiting. Sitting looking at the clock , waiting for Bridgett to come upstairs and pacing back and forth I held my anxiety in.
“Ok , I am all packed and ready to go” Bridgett said in her shaky voice.
“ Mom is waiting for you in the car so we can take you to lunch , and then to your work van.” I said sadly
“Sweet , but I will miss this old dump town” Bridgett said in a upset tone.
“Ok let's go so we won't be late.” I said as I energetically as I could.
5 Months Later
“Wow , Bridgett this place looks great , I still can't believe you live in Atlanta , Georgia.” I said in excitement.
“Yeah I know , It was a little overwhelming at first but I got used to tit .” Bridgett replied “ ok well you better get to bed so you and mom can get an early start on driving in the morning
“Ok goodnight Bridgett.”
“Night Jaidin.” Beep , Beep , Beep !
“Time to get up everyone we got to hit the road back to Michigan.” My mom said loudly.
“ I just don't see why you have to leave,I just don’t understand.” Bridgett said angrily
“Bridgett, because I have an old experience  , old city , and old life there.” I replied “I will miss you Bridgett I will call you every night.
“Goodbye Jaidin , love you!” Bridgett screamed.
“Goodbye, and love you too!” I yelled back. Hands waving , eyes glancing , me and Bridgett kept looking back.
Jaidin S.