Letter Home | Teen Ink

Letter Home

By Zac Foste BRONZE, Charlestown, Indiana
Zac Foste BRONZE, Charlestown, Indiana

Mom,

Tomorrow we start a major offensive. This may be the last time you hear from me, mom.
Right now I'm a little nervous. Guess that understandable, seeing as it's my first battle, I don't really know what to expect. Some of the other guys who've seen battle say you don't really think you just react, and that's exactly what they trained us to do.
One of the things that made me laugh is when one of the guys said 'we'll crush um. You want to know why' the worse an army's food the better the army.' Our food mom, well, a pig would turn its nose up at it.
We just got out of briefing and I'm in the last group to get off, clean-up. It's our job to take out any survivors and make sure no one comes up behind us. I've got to get some sleep mom, it's a big day tomorrow.

Your Son

Ezekiel

This isn't one of my best pieces, but i did it in half an hour. If I hadn't it probably would have been a few pages long.

KristinHopkins8 SILVER, Aspen, Colorado

"If a writer falls in love with you, you can never die"

I really like this piece. I mean, I understand that you did it in half an hour but it is still insightful and full of description. I'd love to hear more from you!