Riding Freedom | Teen Ink

Riding Freedom

By Dustin T BRONZE, Morgantown, West Virginia
Dustin T BRONZE, Morgantown, West Virginia

There once was a girl named Charlotte who lived in an orphanage. She had a horse named Freedom. But then the horse got sick and then soon died. Then Hayward her best friend was adopted. So she wanted to run away from the orphanage. She told Vern what she was going to do. So he thought it was a good idea. Then he helped Charlotte by leaving some money, clothes, and a sandwich he made for her in a cupboard outside. The next night she snuck out the window. She then got on a train and went out to the west. There she met a guy named Ebenezer who gave her a job as a stage coach rider. Then when she had built up some money she went and bought some property. Then Charlotte got a couple of horses. One of the horses had two babies. The babies were a colt and a filly. The colt she named it, Vern's Thunder. But the filly was named, 'Freedom.'

The End

I am 13

Austin Zirk said...
on Jan. 19 2012 at 12:15 pm
Austin Zirk, Thomas, West Virginia
I love this book, but you made it seem like you wrote the story and you left out a couple details.

on Dec. 3 2010 at 8:27 pm

I read that book when I was like 7, really bad job of trying to make it seem like it is your book. Which it isnt. Dont take credit for story lines that arent even that good.

- BTP

on Sep. 6 2010 at 6:12 pm
mskullgirl GOLD, Waban, Massachusetts

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream -Edgar Allen Poe

This feels a little rushed. Slow dow! Make us love the charecters!

Peanutt said...
on Nov. 24 2009 at 7:03 pm
Ummm, really nice outline for a story. but you need to seriously consider taking it a step further, build on your characters, no one is going to want to read a story if if they don't have SOME sort of knowledge of the characters, give it dialouge and describe the emotions she feels... revise, revise, revise... you have potiental, don't let me discourage you from writing, i am only trying to help.