Day at the Races | Teen Ink

Day at the Races

March 4, 2016
By hillbillyhilljack BRONZE, Lynx, Ohio
hillbillyhilljack BRONZE, Lynx, Ohio
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

It was a hot summer day. Me and my family were having a cookout before the races. All of the family was coming over for a get together.

 

After everybody had ate and left, we loaded up in the truck and headed off. Dad and Tasha had to work, so I went and stayed with Josh and Misty. I was helping Josh get his car ready for the track.

 

Josh was getting ready to head on to the track. While I was talking to him, Dad had came over to have prayer with him. Which was nothing different, because Dad always does. 

 

Josh had went on and me, Mom, Jacob, Levi, and Misty were standing by the fence cheering him on. Josh was in second heading to first. Josh had won the race!

 

As Josh was getting his winning picture taken, Rusty was making too sharp of a turn and crashed into the wall. He had torn his car to pieces and had to be squaded to the hospital. After examinations, Rusty was admitted to the hospital in ICU. After a few weeks, Rusty was released to the hospital. He was back to fixing his car and back to racing again.


The author's comments:

I'm a small town country girl who likes going to the races!