She Knew | Teen Ink

She Knew

February 17, 2016
By Anonymous

Briana knew better than to do what she had. Her parents told her to never talk to strangers, so she and the man walked in silence. She looked down watching her feat crunchy down into the snow. The flakes fell large and lofty down onto her leather boots that had been stained with blood. She held her arms light around the small bundle in her arms.

Briana knew better than to walk this way. Her parents told her to never walk past South Stewart, but that was three streets back. She was wet from melting snow and her baren shoulders sat exposed to the elements. The snow had turned to mush as the path became streat.

Brianna knew better than to cross the street by herself. Her parents had told her this, but she knew she could for she was nineteen now. With purpose she crossed the man right behind her. SHe glance back into his blue eyes. He started to say something, but then stopped as he was the tears stream down her face. The bundle had become heavy the last couple of miles.

Brianna knew better, but still she walked with man thought the deserted town. No car or human walked these streets their for no road was plowed. She knew better then to be here so she stopped. For one quick second she looked down at the face of her baby. For that second she felt warm once again, she felt good in herself.

Brianna knew better than to unwrap the baby and expos it to the cold, so she didn’t. She looked over her shoulders at a man the same age as herself. She looked to the one who had picked her off the streets years before and given her a home. Her calm eyes gazen up to his. She saw the love of a man unwilling to let her make the mistakes her mother had years before and she was angered.

“You're not leaving.” His voice was quiet and ferm.
Breathing in tears she bit her lip as she crayed out. “Yes we are.” She stepped into the deep snow. The destination unknow, her future to be decided.
“Brianna.” The same sound of concern came from his voice as it had when she was fourteen. “Don’t do this to her. Don’t put the in the place your mother was.”
Stopped she looked down as his shadow approached from behind. “Please, I promise everything's going to be ok. Please babe it's two am. Please come inside and be warm. We can talk about the future in the morning.”

Brianna knew better than to stay, but she knew better than to leave. She looked down with a bitter taste in her mouth. her mother had always told her to run from help. Help means pitty, pitty ment weakness. The snow fell into the baby smiling mouth. He closed her eyes and kiss her soft cold face.

“Brianna I know you're scared, but please I won't let you go.” She to the man standing barefoot in sweatpants at two am in the mists or a snowfall. SHe looked to the father of her baby and smiled. Brianna knew she was safe, but something always brought her to test him. Something inside her loved the feeling and memory these moments brought from the first time she had layne eyes on him. She smiled for he looked the same as he had back then. The same brown hair and blue eyes barefoot out in a blizzard asked if she would like to come inside and out of the cold.

Brianna knew better now than she did back then. She smiled as she walked into his arms and kissed his lips.