My Life | Teen Ink

My Life

By FaythJames BRONZE, Frederick, Colorado
FaythJames BRONZE, Frederick, Colorado

Bzz! Bzz! The noise reminding me to wake up, and live my life, is silenced by the press
of a button.
“Rosemary get up! You're going to miss the bus!” Her voice is like a piercing shriek,
“Rosemary!”
“Alright mom I heard you! I'm up.” Making my way to the closest, I slip on my navy blue
sweats and a black tank top.
“Rosemary, you have twenty minutes!” Mother shouts up the stairs once again.
“Be down in ten mom!”
Hurrying to my attached bathroom, I start to brush my teeth. Suddenly a loud shriek
came from my mother downstairs. Before I could open the bathroom door, an explosion went off in my room slamming me against the far wall of my bathroom. My head hit the floor...hard. As I squinted I could barely see the two bulky men rush in before everything went black.

When I woke up, a splitting headache awaited me. I groan, and attempted to touch my
head. My attempt fails due to my hands tied behind my back. My eyes dart open as a flood of memory comes back to me. Am I still asleep? I attempt to remove the rope my hands...
“She's awake Dan,” a deep voiced man said.
“Dammit Joe! I told you not to say my name!” Another man said in anger, who must be
Dan.
“Where am I?! Who are you?!” But what came out was a muffled scream. I can't say
anything, there is some sort of cloth covering my face. Fear rushes through my brain, and I start to scream, but it is still muffled.
“Shut her up!” The angry man who must be Dan.
“On it!”
Two hands pressed against my shoulders, I launched my head forward making contact with my kidnapper.
“Ow you b****!”
A very angry fist connected with my eye...
Black.

Another, splitting headache awaits me, but this time my eye is so swollen I can hardly
open it.
“We must not kill her!”
“But Dan...”
“No Joe she is the bait! We need her! After I get her scumbag father you can kill her if
you want.” Dan explained the plan.
But why my father? They doesn't make sense. What could they want with a dead man?
They must have the wrong girl. We came to a very sudden, shirking halt; lunging me forward. I heard the doors open, and I was plucked from my spot. These guys obviously don't know how to drive. My blindfold is pulled from my face, exposing my eyes to the bright beams of the sun. The two men walk me to a rundown cabin. The man named Dan is a very muscular man, and rather tall. The other man, Joe, is rather skinny and short. The sight of these two men make me laugh. The typical kidnappers. I am tied once again to a chair. This one though is bolted to the floor. Finally they remove my silencing rag.
“Where is he?” Dan asks.
“I thought only the helpless asked that question. Are you helpless?” My mouth has never
not had a smart-ass comment come out of it.
“Helpless? You are the helpless one. You are tied to the chair.” Joe speaks with
beaming confidence.
I just couldn't help but laugh these are my kidnappers? Complete imbeciles more like it.
“Greet observation Joe, I can call you that right? Joe, you must be the brains of the
operation.” I can't help myself the words just fall out like vomit.
“Listen here little girl,” Dan furiously spews, “we can either do this the easy way or...”
“The hard way?” I interrupt with a grin. “How about this, you two imbeciles let me go and
try not to implicate me in yours and my father's petty disputes,”
Before anyone could spit out word, the cabin window shattered and the air was filled with
a thick green fog. The fog soon after threw me into a coughing fit. I am untied and once again plucked from my spot, within seconds. I couldn't see anything. I was suffocating in this fog. I needed to get out of this cabin, fast. Whoever untied me and is guiding me is my key to survival. I saw the door to the cabin, then black.

When I came to a dark brown haired man was in the drivers seat.
“You know all this blacking out is getting old. I'm going to really need a doctor after you
let me go.” No words not even a glance towards me. “Where are we going? Another cabin?”
“No.”
That is all he said. What did he mean no?
“Than where are we going?” I asked.
“Home,” the dark haired man smirked.
Who does he think he is? Does he know about the explosion?
“Don't look so surprised. Come on, ask me who I am.”
I want to deny his request so badly. I wish I could say I don't care who he is. But, I have
to know who he is.
“Okay genius, who are you and where are we really going?” I questioned him.
“My name is Mark, we are going home and I am your father.”
What?! Okay this man is really a nut.
“You are not my father. He died in a car accident with my mother thirteen years ago.”
This man is going to kill me.
“No, Rosemary your mother was the only tragedy in that accident. The men who caused
that accident were the same men who took you today,” Mark explained with sad eyes.
“Okay, Mark you are crazy. Sorry to break it to you. I have been to my father’s grave.”
Mark started to tell me about my life, where I was born, and more. Holding back tears
I came to the realization that this man named Mark is who he says he is.
“But how? Why? Why would you let me live my life with all that pain?”
Now the tears were uncontrollable.
“Rosemary, it was to protect you,” Mark said pleadingly.
“From what?” I couldn't help but cry as a million questions entered my head.
“Evil,” he replied.
“Just take me home to the people that raised me,” I insisted.
“I'm afraid I can't do that.”

We pulled up to a camp like place. I didn't know it yet but my life was about to completely change.