That Day | Teen Ink

That Day

February 2, 2016
By OdessaBell SILVER, Vista, California
OdessaBell SILVER, Vista, California
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I want to be an angst-ridden teenager who can't confront his own inner demons and takes it out verbally on other people!"


Brad woke as soon as the bomb went off. He was sweating and his heart racing. He moved his tongue only to find that there was a tube on his mouth going down his throat. He remembered nothing after calling to Lieutenant Collins to take cover. Then blackness overcame him. He felt his eyes begin to water and when he tried to sniffle, a deep sharp pain went through his head. His nose had been completely burned off. There was nothing there. He wondered why he didn’t notice the stench of the hospital that he so commonly associated with a hospital. He saw his reflection in the tv hanging on the wall beside him and saw that his whole face was covered in gauze, save for one eye and the hole where the tube had been placed. “Mr. Erwin, please stay still, you were injured in an explosion while on duty.” I slender woman came in and sat a clipboard down next to him. “We know that you can’t speak so I will only ask you yes and no questions. To answer yes blink twice, to answer no blink three times please. Are you feeling any pain?” He blinked three times in response.


“Are you hungry? Or thirsty,” Once more he responded with 3 blinks.


“You’re family is here to see you, would you like me to send them in?” She asked gently. He blinked twice.


The author's comments:

I wrote this in class as my daily journal. I hope that you like it