Taking The Throne | Teen Ink

Taking The Throne

Prisoner 79423

Cloudpoint Penitentiary

I’ve been locked up for five years now, supposed to be in here for life. Do I deserve my punishment? Of course I do. No doubt about it. I just didn’t think I would’ve gotten caught this early. I need to get out of here…

This is my story of how I ended up in cloudpoint prison, the highest security lockdown in the entire universe.

Basically I’m what you call a mercenary, the greatest one in all of Europe. I was hired to kill… Well… The Queen. By someone you never could have guessed… Her son… The Prince. Ten million euros, who could have let down an offer like that? Anyone smarter than I was.

It was all set up, the kill was perfectly planned out. I was a trusted guest in the palace so it was easy to get to her. All I needed to do was follow through with the perfect plan. The Queen was to sit at the end of the table, me right next to her, her entire family spread around the table. Dinner was coming close and I had already gone over the plan about a million times. The meals were prepared and ready to be served. As everyone sat down at the table I watched her in specific, making sure everything was going as planned. It’s pretty obvious it did, otherwise I wouldn’t be here. Dinner was coming to an end… And so was the Queen’s life… The trigger was pulled and suddenly the whole room filled with shadows, now I’m here.

When I get out of here, and trust me I will, I’m getting that money… No matter what I have to do…