Crazy | Teen Ink

Crazy

By lizzikm GOLD, Rochester, New York
lizzikm GOLD, Rochester, New York

"You get ideas from daydreaming, you get ideas from being bored. The only differences between writers and other people is that we realize when we're doing it.

As I walked out onto the open street from my job at the small thrift store on Angston Road, I felt that I couldn't keep up with time. I had an interveiw with my college of choice later in the afternoon. At 4:30 to be exact. I went home and got dressed for it and then stood in the backyard and let the wind blow through my hair. I went back into the house and changed into my gardening attire and then laid in the green grass and screamed into the air, "Life in a world where only money can help you grow is a life I don't want to have." and stayed there until that night, when I climbed to into the tree next to me and yelled, slightly quieter than the one before, "If a voice is to be heard, it first needs to be heard!" And hours later, at four in the moring I said in a normal voice, "You cannot walk without running before-hand." And at 10 am, I had just gotten out of the tree, and there were cops guiding me to an asylum and I whispered all that I had said and the cop that heard me said, "She's right. Not everyone who has a voice is crazy.