Sending You Love | Teen Ink

Sending You Love

By Mayaf BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Mayaf BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

The power of imagination makes us infinite.

Sending You Love
Dear Jess,

It’s October now. Ten months of sending you my love. I hope you like the flowers this month seeing as I stole them from the campus garden. They tend to not like when people take their flowers, but I figured you were worth it. Yesterday I wished you were here because Parker is still asking for my number and I wish I could tell him that I have a girlfriend, but now I can’t. The bed feels a little lonelier without you. It balances weirdly and I don’t like it. I miss you. Florida misses you too. He barks and howls every time I try to put his leash on because he really only likes when you do it. I think I hear him whine at night sometimes. I wish I could whine with him. College feels like kind of a drag without you. Professor James pulled me aside yesterday and asked me if I’m okay. I’m not, but I tell him I am. He also says he wishes he could still see your smiling face in class. I tell him I do too. I went to visit your parents over the weekend. They were happy to see me. They like having the company, I think. We had tea and talked about you. That’s mostly all they talk about now. They miss you a lot too. Nothing much has changed otherwise. You’re still the ex I never thought would be my ex. No one deserves to die as young as you did. I hope you’re happy up in heaven or hell or wherever you are. I miss you.
All my love,
Allie

This was origionally an ekphrastic piece based on a series of pictures by Anna Remarchuk which depict envelopes with different kinds of flowers in them.