Sending You Love | Teen Ink

Sending You Love

January 20, 2016
By Mayaf BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Mayaf BRONZE, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
The power of imagination makes us infinite.


Sending You Love
Dear Jess,

It’s October now. Ten months of sending you my love. I hope you like the flowers this month seeing as I stole them from the campus garden. They tend to not like when people take their flowers, but I figured you were worth it. Yesterday I wished you were here because Parker is still asking for my number and I wish I could tell him that I have a girlfriend, but now I can’t. The bed feels a little lonelier without you. It balances weirdly and I don’t like it. I miss you. Florida misses you too. He barks and howls every time I try to put his leash on because he really only likes when you do it. I think I hear him whine at night sometimes. I wish I could whine with him. College feels like kind of a drag without you. Professor James pulled me aside yesterday and asked me if I’m okay. I’m not, but I tell him I am. He also says he wishes he could still see your smiling face in class. I tell him I do too. I went to visit your parents over the weekend. They were happy to see me. They like having the company, I think. We had tea and talked about you. That’s mostly all they talk about now. They miss you a lot too. Nothing much has changed otherwise. You’re still the ex I never thought would be my ex. No one deserves to die as young as you did. I hope you’re happy up in heaven or hell or wherever you are. I miss you.
All my love,
Allie


The author's comments:

This was origionally an ekphrastic piece based on a series of pictures by Anna Remarchuk which depict envelopes with different kinds of flowers in them.