Content | Teen Ink

Content

January 18, 2016
By Abugosh BRONZE, Dubai, Other
Abugosh BRONZE, Dubai, Other
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"No good deed goes unpunished."


February 14, 2011

I went to the cinema right after popping a couple antidepressant pills and was really looking forward to watching ‘The Martian’. Supposedly it was an amazing film with great emotional involvement coupled with light humor. Just what I like. After I bought tickets I rushed to the food line. I love Slurpees. All the lines were full, so naturally I chose the shortest one. I looked ahead and groaned. The woman at the cashier looked like she skipped her morning cup of coffee, and moved at the pace of a sloth with insomnia. On top of that, the man ordering for a couple hundred kids was still pondering on his sacred life decision. Cherry or grape? Then I looked to my watch, quarter past three. The movie previews start in five minutes. Fortunately, the line to my right opened up with a fresh looking cashier filled with energy. It’s about time. I quickly took the new line before this slow old lady could steal it and my precious time.
I got to my designated cinema and sat down just as the lights went out, perfect timing. I had the center seat. The movie was amazing, and I met this super hot girl, Kate. Basically threw her number at me. I really like her though. I bet she is head over heals for me. I walked to my car, parked in the mall lot. I saw Johnny, the-hot-dog-man, and he gave me a free hotdog. I always buy from him so I deserve it. I stopped at 7/11 and got myself a drink to go with my hotdog. I saw a lottery ticket that caught my eyes. I bought it with the change I had, figured if I didn’t have to pay for my hotdog I might as well indulge on this lucky February day. When the annual lottery came along a in december I won. It was around a couple million. Finally getting appreciated I guess.

December 13, 2013
Kate and I, still together, went to this friends party. We arrived there early, so no one was there except some of my closest friends. They embraced me. I was at the center of attention as usual. We share jokes, laughs and something like happiness. I got all these compliments on my new Ferrari. But to be quite honest I liked the design of my old one more, don’t get me wrong this one is full option and was far more expensive, but it doesn’t make me as... happy. Unfortunately, my old one is a little dirty by the tires from the rain. It was supposed to be washed but my cleaner guy is sick with something in the hospital. Hopefully he’ll get better soon so he can wash my car. We later got into the car, I had my leather jacket on so I didn’t bother with the seatbelt. On my way back home,I dropped Kate at the mall and gave her a couple thousand. I don’t get how to make her happy, I always give her money but she seems like she wants something else. I’m always busy with my things, so I don’t have time to figure it out, but she is probably just being selfish and clingy. She said she loved me before she left, I replied the same but felt guilty about it. Then I left, driving off onto the icy highway on this cold December day.


December 13, 2013
I rushed to the hospital, abandoning my belongings and new items I bought. I didn’t actually care about any of those things. Especially not now, I was too worried. Too scared. I was like he is right now… But on the inside.

December 31, 2013
As I stood on the cold grass, as the sharp wind numbed my face and the rain pelted down on my designer flappy. My dress expressed how I felt inside. No one came, it was all superficial. I was all alone, even now, at this moment, no-one was here but me.