Drugs Ruin Lives | Teen Ink

Drugs Ruin Lives

January 15, 2016
By Morrie_Piper_Pan BRONZE, Park City, UT, Utah
Morrie_Piper_Pan BRONZE, Park City, UT, Utah
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Waking up the morning after that party was the most painful thing that had ever happened to me. My head was still spinning from the drinks. As I sat up I saw a half empty bottle sitting on the table. I stood and walked over to it. Everything was still fuzzy, I saw a small bag of colored tablets. Something switched on in my head and I grabbed the bag and bottle.
I walked up stairs out of the basement where I had passed out. I stopped half way up the stairs and chugged the rest of the bottle and took a tablet. Dropping the bottle I staggered to the top of the stairs and out the front door. I lived a few houses down the road, stumbling to my house I opened the front door. No one was home so I walked up stairs and crashed face first onto my bed.
· · ·
It had been months since the first party and the amount of colored tablets I took doubled. The alcohol that I hid in my room also didn’t help my mood. I stopped coming to school because my friends tried to help me fix my addiction. They only made me feel worse. Which lead so me taking more Molly.
The alcohol and drugs increased at a horribly steady rate. With each tablet I felt happier and happier. Then it happened, I’d taken five tablets of Molly and drank half a bottle of beer. The effects were to powerful.
My parents found me pasted out on the floor. The cuts and bruises, of my depression, ran the length of my arms.
I woke up laying in a hospital bed. My parents sit next to me, my head rolled over to face them. I had been taken off of life support. My parents had tried to prepare for the worst, but I had surprised them, yet again.
· · ·
About a year after the overdoes, I thought I was going to die. My parents kicked me out of the house and sent me to a rehab facility. It was the most difficult time in my life. I had been doing really well with out MDMA and alcohol.
The drugs and alcohol had been removed from my life and I now knew that I could succeed without my addiction problem. That was until I was released from the facility and was working on my last year of High School. I had told myself that I wasn’t going to do anything stupid and risky, but of course I had to go to a friends party. That was the last night of my life…


The author's comments:

This started as an assignment but turned into an informational work of fiction that I wanted to share.