Dungeons And Coffee | Teen Ink

Dungeons And Coffee

By DomChacon BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado
DomChacon BRONZE, Lafayette, Colorado

Story 1 Dungeon and Cafes
Don't you ever think you were born in the wrong story. That's what I think but, but what do I know, a  college junior in a campus coffee shop self sulking into his plain black coffee. It could be worse I guess, I could have been born one of the freshman blonde girl over at the counter. tweeting, facebooking, drink the most ridiculous sugar filled coffee that's trending on the menu. But Still, when you think about when you were a kid you kinda wish you the hero of your own fantasy story. But in these modern times you kinda have to settle for your dream and ambitions and sometimes it's fun to see where it can takes you. When one moment you can be riding your bike and in a blink of an eye your can be riding a horse gallantly into battle. The scary part is when your fantasy bleed into real life and make a fool of yourself.

Story 2 The Croissant in the Stone
“Can I have a medium black coffee and a cheese croissant!”
In the medieval time period, swords where something that really had value to everyone around, but there was one sword that everyone knows of, “Excalibur The Sword in the Stone”. In reality it's nothing but a regular sword but I think it's the story behind it that really makes it great. It make you wonder if anything else in this world can have that much power behind it.
“Order up one black coffee and a cheese Croissant”
[Blink]
In urban village I am but a little child playing in a field when suddenly a wise man call up to me and says that I am the chosen one, the one in this world that will draw the word from the stone.
Baristas “Here's your croissant, would you like that one our signature stone plates.”
I hesitate at the wise man, but he insists that it is without a doubt, me.
Baristas “Hey man take you food.”
He says to me that this glorious sword has been here waiting for generation and that I am one to take up this sword and destroy all evil.
Baristas “It's a little past the throughout time so I gave you a discount.”
I grab the sword with both hands and feel it power flow through me as though I was hungering for it. With great praise from the fellow villager and the wise man. I stand up and hold the sword for it was meant to be.
[Blink]
Baristas “Hey man get off the table and why are you holding your croissant like that!”
You know that moment when you're standing on a table holding a croissant like a sword while all the other customer are thinking you're crazy. Did’nt think so.

Story 2 The Grand Wizard of Wifi
In this coffee lounges there always a person who come for just the free wifi and inevitably hogs it to himself by some weird software, unfortunately I need that person's help. Gregor is one of the smartest person in my next class that I am failing and thanks to my last incident with the cheese croissant, nobody else really want to help me study. But Gregor is such a reject that he just might help me if I be a little friendly.
[Blink]
Across the tavern I see “Gregor The Wizard of Wifi”, I approach him asking for his aid on my quest. He say he knows for me, that I am the hero that drew the sword from the stone.
Gregor “Oh hey you're the guys who had mental break down and jump on the table with a croissant!”
I tell the wizard of my quest and ask if he may lend me his power and aid me.
Gregor: “You want me to help you study for your next exam.”
The wizard say that he may lend me his hand if I perform a task of great importance for him. He told me he is chained to this tavern and can only be freed if he received a blue jewel.
Gregor “Can you get of your knees, it creepy dude!” “I'll help you if you go to the coffee shop across campus and get me a blueberry muffin, the one here are stale and I don't wanna lose my wifi hotspot.”
I accepted this quest and immediately hopped on my silver horse to ride for the blue jewel.
Gregor looking confused out the window “That guy's weird and whats with that crappy bicycle”.
I rode forth to the next town to attain the blue jewel, there were many obstacle along the way. Multi colored metal dragon tried to stop me and my horse but I was able to avoid them.
“Hey Buddy come on I'm trying to drive here.”
But these beast will not stop me from my goal, I must continue onwards.I reached my destination and with the gold pieces I received from the wizard I was able to purchase the jewel.
“One blueberry muffin will that be all for you today.”
With quick haised I hopped back onto my horse and rode back to the wizard. Once I arrived back at the tavern tavern I bestowed the blue jewel to the wizard.
[Blink]
“Dude! Get off your knees and just hand it to me.”
I look around seeing all the crazy glares from the coffee shop customer and employees and I think ,crap I did it again.

Story 3 The Princess of Caffeine
Thanks to recent study sessions with gregor I have been more confident with my academic work and with my recent stunts slowly dimming down from gossip subjects, my social confidence in rising as well. And with that confidence it's made me want to do the one thing most men only dream of when they go to a coffee house, asking the baristas out on a date. I don't really know what’s so taboo about it, people think it's like a royal princess that you can help but can’t be with or you will get you head cut off. The real sad part is that most people are actually bewitch and give her tips, but none have the actually confidence to go through with a ask her out. But today's the day I will go on a quest to seek a fair maiden.
[Blink]
I ride to the castle to see my fair maiden.
Gregor “Why is he trotting to the counter?”
I arrive at the castle to see thy fair maiden sitting softly at the castle window, for she has been waiting for a shining knight to save her. I go to the maidens window calling out for her saying that I wish to meet her outside of this castle so that we may truly meet.
Baristas “I think this guy asking me out, but why is he talking like a knight or something.”
I read the princess a poem of how my love for knows no bounds and that it is fate that we have met on this evening.
Baristas “Oh god he’s begging now it's actually kinda cute, in an abandoned puppy kind of way!”
Princess when the moon is highest in the sky we shall meet and finally be together. For even if our love is forbidden I can't stand to be apart from you. so will you please….
[Blink]
“go out with me!”
Baristas “That last part you said was actually normal, so why not.”
Well with that over and only partially making a fool of myself I would say that was a success.
Story 4 The Demon Professor
For every story there has to be an antagonist, some type of bad guy who just wants the hero. Most of the time it's when the hero is at his best, unfortunately it's that time in the story for me. With my grades going well because of Gregor's study sessions and my upcoming  date with the coffee girl,  it was only a matter of time the antagonist came along and we would have our “final battle”. And the antagonist of this story just so happens to be my professor for physics. He’s saying that if I don't come in and hour before my dates time then I'm going to fail the class. All I have to do is go to his class and finish the test before my date begins.
[Blink]
The demon king has captured the princess and I must conjure all of my strength so that I can slay him and see the princess once again. I ride to his lair to combat, he states that if I was any later than the princess wouldn't have fared so well.
Professor Martin “Ahhhh good you arrived if you were late I would have give you immediate F. “Now let's get started.”
The battle begins, I draw my sword and ready myself for the demon lords onslaught of attacks.
“Here’s the test make sure to pay close attention to the these questions.”
He send and endless barrage of attack at me, I almost can’t dodge them all.
“Why is he squirming so much in his seat, god I had to get the weirdest bunch this year.”
I can feel the demon lord get the upper hand. I am done it is too much for me, I can't go on. ButI see the princesses face and continue to fight on.
“Looks like he’s trouble with that tough question I told him about, well lets see hows he doing. Looks like he’s almost done”
I can feel the battle coming to an end. Attack after attack it is time I deliver the final blow and I vanquish the demon lord. It is all over the world is saved and so is the princess.
[Blink]
“If you are done you can go now, I’ll give you your results tomorrow.”

Story 5 Let's wrap it up
In a story there always has to be an ending, I think that's the most important part of the story. In fantasy stories you see the hero rescuing the princess, having a big parade because he killed a guy, and then becoming a king or something. But unfortunately this isn't fantasy, to put it bluntly I was late for my date and she left. My test in Professors Martin's class, well I managed to come out of that ok, if I do extra credit. But you know for some reason I feel ok, sure it hurts that I lost out on a date and for extra credit I have to clean Professors Martins Room for a whole month. I think I feel ok because I got even if life seems unexciting if you put a little thought behind it, it's just like any other story.

Its about escaping into your own mind to make your life a little more managable.

Hanban12 ELITE said...
Hanban12 ELITE, Lake Worth, Florida

"If you have built castles in the air, your work need not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put foundations under them."
Henry David Thoreau

"I fell in love the way you fall asleep; slowly, and then all at once."
John Green

What a lovely piece. I love the imagination you poured into this, the sheer creativity. My only critique is to be sure to proof-read before submitting; there are grammatical and spelling issues throughout this. Other than that, great job, and keep writing. :)