Lottery Changed My Life. | Teen Ink

Lottery Changed My Life.

November 20, 2015
By BraydenShreve BRONZE, New Castle, Delaware
BraydenShreve BRONZE, New Castle, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

It was on a monday afternoon when Jimmy was sweeping the halls. There was so much paper from the kids being lazy, in some places it was as high as the top of his boots. He finally finished sweeping and he already had wiped down the chalkboards. He packed up his stuff for the day, he threw his stuff in his little beater 1996 Ford Escort Hatchback. As a janitor he was only making $600 a week or $31,200 a year. Which is not a lot when you have bills and rent to pay. He struggles every week just to keep food on the table and to provide for himself. So that night Jimmy went to go to the grocery store and bought about $49 worth of food. He makes dinner and he has microwavable salisbury steaks with mashed potatoes. When he is at the kitchen table he thinks about getting a scratch off, when he is at the kitchen table he thinks about if he ever won the lottery. Like the kind of stuff he would have you could have dirt bikes fast cars big bow to go out to the sea with a really big house first family at he thinks about if he ever won the lottery.

For about a week Jimmy starts to go past the 7-Eleven where you could buy a scratch off. He talks to his brother Samuel about if he should save the money to get a scratch off. He doesn't know how much you should spend on one, because he doesn't really have the money but if he saves it he could get one.His older brother Austin overhears a conversation and says      

“You should save your money for the $50 scratch off because if you win you win $100 million cash, high risk high reward.”

The very next day at work while he's sweeping the floor he sees this beautiful blonde hair women, with a blue blue sundress and a flower in her hair. She just walked out of the classroom and she dropped her pen and didn't notice. So Jimmy picked it up and ran to her to give it back to her he introduced himself to her and she said

“Hello my name is Cara.” He asked if she had worked in the school she said
  “No I am not I am just here applying for a teaching position but I am currently in training     
to become a teacher.”
“That's cool, I see no ring on your finger. Are you in a relationship with anyone?”
She said “No I am not, are you dating anyone ?” She asked.
“No, I'm not either.”
Jimmy said “Would you like to go out to eat with me on Friday night?”
She said “Sure I would love too.”

On Friday He wraps up stuff at work, heads home to get ready. Jimmy wears a nice button up shirt with jeans and a nice pair of Timberlands. After he is all done getting ready he gets his car and head over to Cara's house. On his way over to Cara's house Jimmy drives by the 7-Eleven where he wants to get the scratch off, but he decides not to because he needs the money for that date. He was thinking since Christmas is only a couple weeks away maybe, he should wait and save  money until then and get it for himself as a Christmas present. As he pulls up to Cara's house he starts to get butterflies in stomach because he's really nervous he hasn't been out on a date in a couple years. The last time he was out on a date and, then the girl later found out that he was a janitor. She got up out of her seat and walked out. He gets out of his car starts to walk up to the door, knocks on the door. When she opens up the door his mouth drops, just like he saw a Burger King commercial. seeing that juicy BK Stacker with the mouth warming burger. It’s like a heart attack on a bun. He thinks that she looks like the most beautiful woman in the world and his privilege to go out on a date with her.

He ask her, “Are you ready to go?”
She said “Yes I am where we going tonight to eat?”
Then he said “Where ever you would like to go, it's your choice.”

And figures she picks the most expensive place in town.

She had picked a really expensive restaurant called Addison. The cheapest thing on the menu was the drinks and there $4.99 with no free refills. The more they talk the more they get to know each other the, and more they liking each other. They have a lot in common they have a lot of the same interests and hobbies. They both read books in their spare time. They read long books, short books that they love to read. Once they were done talking they finally started eating they talked for so long that their food was stag to get cold. After dinner they had bought a half a cake for dessert. After dinner they had dessert they both got chocolate cake because they said that that was their favorite. When they were done eating their dinner, Jimmy had got the bill. It had costed him $65 for two people. So when I left they were walking to the car they talked about their future, and what they wanted to do for the rest of their lifes. He opened up the door for she said down and closed it. He got in and warm the car up, and as he was taking her home, they started talking about having a family and having children. They both want to be married and they both one and two kids. They both smiled because it was so crazy that they had so much alike. He walked to her door and stood in front of it it looked in her eyes and said good night, and he leaned in and gave her a kiss.

   He had told her,”I wanted to do that all night and he feels like the luckiest guy in the world.“
  
Then she tells him “I would like to do this again.
“I know, i had a lot of fun spending time with you.”
    And he said “I really enjoyed tonight.”

Jimmy had saved up about $45 for the $50 scratch off. He asked his little brother Brayden if he could borrow five dollars. So he invited all of his brothers to go with him to the 711 to get a couple Slurpee’s and a scratch off. They got there and went inside and bought a couple Slurpees and a hotdog and he asked the guy for the triple sevens $50 scratch off. He gave him the stuff and said thank you come again. They all went back out to the car sat down and started eating their food and drank there Slurpee's. While they were eating Jimmy stirred scratch it scratch off. It has six chances to get three sevens, and  first time he got a six, the second time he had a 7, the third time he got a 10, the fourth time he got a 1, the fifth time he got a 7, the sixth time he got a ….7! He won 100million dollar! They were so excited they all started crying.  They never thought they would win all this money off of one scratch off for the first time in their life. Jimmy had given about $5 million apiece to each of his brothers, after he got some of his money. That day he had bought a new Dodge Viper.

    The next day he saw he saw Cara he sat down and talk with her and told her that he had won the lottery.
   
She said “I'm so happy for you and congratulations.”

He took her out to lunch and before they start eating jimmy came up next to Cara’s chair
got down on his knee and said “Will you marry me? He opened up the box with the big ring with a big diamond on it.

She said “Yes!”

They both quit their jobs and they went out on a shopping spree. They both spent a lot of money on clothes shoes jewelry, and they spent couple million dollars in about a month. Then they had bought more and expensive items, Cara had gotten a Range Rover. Jimmy had gotten a nice Harley Davidson Night Hawk and a Kawasaki ninja 600.

“I bought a Dodge Challenger, and a Yamaha yz450f dirt bike. I bought a 69 charger (the General Lee) from Dukes of Hazzard.”

They had bought a mansion with 20 bedrooms six bathrooms an indoor basketball court, game room, a movie theater and more they had spent about $20 million on that too.
  

Within a couple years Jimmy had spent about 50 million dollars in 2 years. Both Jimmy and Cara decided to put the rest the money away and save it. They would save it for what they need not for what they want, because they had bought a lot of the stuff they already wanted. As I got cozy in there big mention about nine months later they had their first son name Zach then about a year later after that they had a baby girl named Brittany. They would put the rest the money away for the children when they get older and their children's children, because they would never know when they would need it in an emergency or if they just want to get a new car. As they got older The children grew up hard-working and not taking money or objects for granite. Just because your parents have millions of dollars doesn't mean you can't get your education and get a good job because you never know one day that money might not be in their bank account.