How Can I? | Teen Ink

How Can I?

November 11, 2015
By JDuvall GOLD, Marianna, Arkansas
JDuvall GOLD, Marianna, Arkansas
13 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Perfection is not achieved not when there is nothing more to add but when there is nothing to take away."


I am a rock people desecrate and forget exists. I  fall beyond the cracks while conforming to the needs of others. Slowly losing myself trying to figure out the cause of my disfunction and struggle. My disfunction is that I’m hard to the core; nothing is capable of reaching the inner peak of my morality. The struggle of  life as a victim of false accusations with unlikable attention haunted me. I am too hard to be broken, too dramatized that i’m scarred.
How can I?
Is it something you can touch or feel? You can barely grab hold of yourself trying to answer that question. Lay me down under a stone-caged bridge where the birds will chirp and breeze will blow. I entrusted myself with duties, I can’t yet fulfil. Why does such solitude seem to appeal safe and bearing. Where home is home and love is love but do either seem to be indifferent;  Follow what’s supposed to seem right. How can you want more, and do more and still get nothing back from it.
Nothing works out as planned because your enemy that crossed with red and going straight to hell. I stand for prosperity. I shielded my heart; I can’t dare to dream outside a word full of hope, when hope has yet to find the individual piece that’s constantly breaking and praying to be whole. Fought and cried tears and battles , and what exactly have I won beside the title and no embrace. What more do you think should be given when your best is yet to give. How much longer do you have to remember the ones that held you together die instantly with no warning? What happen to covering all evil that shall forsakes us in harm ways. Preaching yet misleading is what I must say.  A heart with  no soul what more can be done?
        How can I?