Libron Basketball Game on | Teen Ink

Libron Basketball Game on

November 17, 2015
By Anonymous

There was once a kid named Libron James. This story begins where in the Cupertino, California where he had joined the YMCA basketball league. He was assigned to a team Lakers and I really wished to say that he was a best team on the league but seriously he is not. Anyway….. He was in the first practice in kennedy middle school and they seriously worked on stuff that they worked on when they were a 2nd grader like all of those drills like passing drill, shooting drill, and dribbling. (wow) So, they had their first game and at first everyone was not that thrilled because their opponents were filled with some of those kids who can’t shoot, who can’t dribble, or who can’t even shoot a close shots. Some member of the team was just pathetic and mostly sat on the bench the whole time.Laker ended up winning 30-23. Yep that bad. Then their second practice was much much more difficult and fun. They did bunch of scrimmage drills, shooting drills, and 3-3 defense and offense drill, and etc. Their second game was much more intense than the first game. They went against the Spurs the undefeated team so far. But, why was that was because some of their team was so big that they only needed to push the ball just a little bit to score. But, Lakers also won the second game by 42-38 it was very intense game indeed. The third game was the boring as the first one. Don’t even get me even into that one. It was Lakers vs. Pelicans and it was the most pathetic game they ever played. They didn’t even had to try. The score was 40-21 yep Libron scored most of the points they got in all of those games. But, there is a game that he is going to play against his brother, and it is the next week. Let’s take a step away from the story and let me introduce his brother. His brother is 11 years old and is kind of mature for his age and is a good basketball player.

        He is about 2 fingers shorter than Libron. He is nice and very pleasant but he is very competitive especially in basketball. Now back to the story. Libron was kind of having trouble thinking if he should try his hardest beating his brother or he should not try. While he was thinking his mom went into his room. His mom said, “It looks like you’re having trouble dear, do you have any trouble?”
Libron said, “well it is just that I am having a lot of trouble thinking about the game this Saturday. As you know, it is against my brother and I am having trouble thinking if I should go try really hard or not even try against my brother and give their team a chance to be qualified to the states tourney and go to road on to the nationals which is a big deal.” Libron said.
“Well, then it is all up to you Libron, you are the one who is deciding what to do. It is your life and it is your choice.” his mom said. Libron thought that it was not the best advice ever but it kind of gave him an what to do. Then, the time flew by and it was his 4th game and it was about to start. Then, something broke into his mind that it does not matter if his opponent is his brother or not. It was the start of laker’s 4th game of the season and the game started off with a great start when Libron had recovered from his worries about playing his brother. Libron passes into the left then jukes out the player that was defending him and goes for the layup and scores!(2-0). (20 min later), The pelicans Alex drives in… no he passes and the player dunks! (32-42 Lakers). (30 min later..) only a minute left when Pelicans called a timeout. The score was 56-53 Lakers. But, anything can happen in the next minute. So, looks like the lakers did the old tight defence 1-1 trick. It isn’t  much but it prevents the offence to not score by defending the players really tight. But a great disappointment went through the game when Libron’s brother, Alex scored a 3 pointer swish. Then, they only had 30 seconds left. The Libron stalked the ball until it was 20 second left in the game and he swished the 3 pointer. Then, Alex went through the defenders and tried to swish a three from the half court. It was a slow motion as when the ball went through the net with a splash. The game was not over yet though they still had 6 seconds left. But right then, pelicans called another timeout. Libron told his teammates to set him a 4 manned screen and Libron can pummel through the left. So,  they worked out the plan, Libron passed through
the left and one of his teammates passed the ball back then he shot the ball when the clock reached 2 seconds. So, now it was all or nothing, the ball was sailing through the air and there was a ball that hit the backboard and bounced to the rim.  Then,  everyone gasped as the ball went through the net without a doubt which told the game was over and Lakers won their 4th game in a row in their basketball league. They went on to celebrate their win in the pizza hut and they were having great time and all but Andrew was still in thoughts…… Anyway, after that they beat the Celtics 32-18 and was setting a 5 win in a row streak until….. They had their 7th game that was against the bears and they thought that this game was a easy one but no… Their game was a high scoring game and what with one of the tall guys got injured they had a very slight chance of winning this thing….. (commentary) “The score was 45-43 to the Lakers and they still had like 5 minutes left which still tells the Lakers that they need to score a lot more points if they want to win and win the league with the no loss. Then, after 4 min and 49 sec later…. The Lakers are winning 61-59 and there are the bears going into the half court and shoots the ball it bounces off the basketball backboard and it goes inn!!!!!!!!!! oh my gosh what happened teteje anien wj ie what  the gdsn The bears wins the game against the bears and takes the tie for the 6-1!” Libron fell down the chair and faints away….. when he woke up, he was lying on his bed and it was dark outside. so he decided to check the clock and it was 1 o’clock in the mourning. When he was waking up he remembered what had happened and he thought that well that it wasn’t real but when he checked the phone, he saw that the date was the sunday. He knew that his indestructible season was over and he was very very depressed because he worked so hard for to get a indestructible season was so over and would be be a 50-50 chance of winning the league as well. Well, they still had about 4 more games to go so, he decided to win the rest of those. Well, his team did get the 1st place, but unfortunately, there was a another team that got 10-1 so, they are going to play a match but hey, let’s save the story for later.


The author's comments:

I have to dedicate this story to my brother because he was the one who told me to write a story about my league so thanks!