"Just A Dream" | Teen Ink

"Just A Dream"

October 30, 2015
By Naylawinder3 BRONZE, Willaiamsport, Pennsylvania
Naylawinder3 BRONZE, Willaiamsport, Pennsylvania
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Believe in yourself no matter what people say"


It was a windy, colorless day in October, believe it or not.The trees were rattling, the wind whispering throughout the night.Leaves were floating across the ground. It was pretty cold out side.No one around so far, but the spirits in the town. Smoke was coming from a crispy dark house, about a block away. Two girls coming running from the house.
  Morgan shouts, “HELP!” 
Kylie hears her and runs out of her house saying, “What’s going on?”
           Morgan points, “My house, my family is in there, and it’s on fire!”
Morgan’s little sister Mya comes dashing from the house.
“Morgan, dad and mom are M.I.A.”
Kylie replies,”Come on in, we can call the police!”
Morgan and Mya sit quietly as a mouse, while Kylie’s parents are in the kitchen, on the phone with the police. After Kylie”s parents get off the phone, they ran over to the burning house. Kylie doesn’t want the kids outside, just in case something bad happened to their parents. Morgan holds Kylie and begins crying again.Kylie’s parents come back.
“Do you want the good news or bad news first?”
Morgan says, “ Good.”
     Mya mumbled, “ Bad.”
So they flipped a coin just to make things a little more happier, and it landed on heads and that was the good news.
Kylie’s mom says, “ Your parents are okay, but they are still in the hospital.” The kids then crying in tears or joy.
Kylie’s dad says, “ Your house, and everything in it was burned to the floor, so far they have to be in the hospital for the next couple days, so for those days you will be staying with us, and then tomorrow night you will go to your gram’s house”
One day rolled by, without seeing their parents.
Mya asked, “Can we go see our parents in the hospital.”
Morgan and Kylie look at eachother “Soon Kylie’s parents are going to take us.”
Soon after that Kylie’s parents come in with Morgan and Mya’s gram and poppy.
“You guys are gonna go home with them now,”replies Kylie’s parents.
The kids run over and give their grandparents a really big hug.
“I missed you guys so much, but I didn’t want have to see you for a accident,” replied Morgan.
             “We miss our parents Grammy,”  sobbed Mya.
“ We were actually to go there after we picked you guys up. If you guys wanted to, if not it’s fine”
“YESSSSSS!!!!!” Morgan and Mya shouted.
“We appreciate you guys keeping them for us until we got here.
“No problem,” Kylie’s parents say.
“MOM,DAD, omg you guys survived. We missed you guys so much.” stated Morgan
You guys look a little different than usual.
“That’s because we were burnt pretty badly.” Dad mumbled.
Mya doesn’t know any better. The kids go up and gave them a bear hug.That’s what Mya calls it.
“ I can’t believe what happened also,I never thought I had to worry about a fire before, but i had to. I never thought how bad a fire could hurt someone.”trembled Morgan.
Together Morgan and Mya say “I LOVE YOU.When can you guys come home?”
“We have to stay in here for about two more days then we will be going to Grandma and Poppy’s house to live for awhile,” stated Dad.
“Can we stay here with you guys,” Morgan begged?
“UMM, probably not, I’d rather you guys just stay with grammy and poppy until we get home,” replied Dad.
“Okay,” the two children say.
“It’s getting late,we will come back tomorrow and visit,”  Grandma told the kids.
“Night Guys” giving their parents a tight hugs!
The next day rolled by, and their parents were doing better; but yet still had to stay in the hospital because they both had a headache and a headache can lead to a concussion. So they went back to visit and the nurses were in there so they had to wait.
“It’s been like one hour can we go in yet,” Mya hissed.
“Relax, do you want to see them or not,” Grandma said in an angry manner.
They finally go in and got the good news.
“We can come home tomorrow for sure,” Dad replies.
“Ok, I can’t wait to go home to be with you guys, even tho we are gonna be staying and Grammy and Poppy’s house anyway; it will be funnier when you guys come home,” stated Mya
“Well honey, we won’t be able to do a lot of things we could do before because we are still hurt, also because it’s not our house,” Mom added.
“Mommy you spoke! I thought you couldn’t talk yet, because what happened to your throat,” Morgan asked?
  “Well I can’t all the time, but they said here and there I will get my voice back; so when I do I have to talk as much as I can,” Mom said in a mumble.
It was running on 8:50p.m, and all guests had to be out by 10p.m,or else they get a fine. So the ran as fast as they could down the winding steps.
“OUCH!” Mya yelled.“ I think I got my foot caught in the door!”
“Are you okay,” questioned Morgan?
“I think so, It just stunned me because I almost fell over the edge of the balcony running into the door,’ Mya studered.
She rolled around. Heard the bacon sizzling from upstairs. Heard her brothers and sisters yelling. Rolled around,fluffed her pillow. Then she woke up.


The author's comments:

What inspired me to write this piece is one of my moms friends, actually had this happen to them, and it was a very scary moment.