Girls | Teen Ink

Girls

By aeglow12 SILVER, Livingston, New Jersey
aeglow12 SILVER, Livingston, New Jersey

"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel."

-Maya Angelou

Girls enter the house. Girls enter the house.  Two girls, twins, in blankets, enter the house. Girls, crawling, enter the house. Two girls, holding onto the walls, enter the house. Girls playing with their Barbie’s enter the house. One girl wears sneakers. The other girl wears flats. Girls enter the house in muddy shoes. Girls enter the house calling for Mom. Two girls enter the house with chocolate covering their face, chest, and hands. Dad, not happy, enters the house. Mom, laughing, enters the house.. Girls enter the house, girls enter the house. Girls, twirling their hair, enter the house. One girl, bouncing a ball with grass stains, enter the house. Twin girls, with a journal and pen, hiding their faces, enter the house. Girls, with hovering backpacks, enter the house slowly. One girl, makeup covered, enters the house. Girls enter the house; boys enter the house.  Girls, running upstairs and slamming the doors, leaving a horrifying echo, enter the house. One girl, makeup smeared down, enters the house. Mom goes to her. Girls, blood on their pants, enter the house. Dad runs away. Girls, sitting on the couch with their cellphones taped to their hands, headphones blasting, toes tapping, enter the house. One girl, kissing, touching, hugging, enters the house with a boy; the girl smiles. The other girl, bat over her shoulder with bruises on her legs, vomit in her hair, enters the house. Girls, carrying physics textbooks, run into the house. Girls, making macaroni and cheese, enter the house. Girls, holding their car keys, enter the house. Mom and Dad are angry. Girls stay in the house for a month. Girls, wearing graduation caps, diplomas, cellphones, enter the house. Girls enter the house, boys enter the house, parents enter the house, and family enters the house.