If I Was A Human | Teen Ink

If I Was A Human

October 28, 2015
By Leleanneee SILVER, Escondido, California
Leleanneee SILVER, Escondido, California
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I've already been through hell, so give it your best shot. Not only will I survive, I will win."


If I was a human, I would be socially inactive. I would stay away from everyone else. If I was a human, I would be a victim. A victim of malevolent teens, a victim of myself. I would walk through school halls alone, trying to avoid the shoving and names thrown from afar. I would spend my time thinking, "What did I do wrong? What made me deserve this?" My battle scars would be self-inflicted. Temptations will become routine. I wouldn't turn to people for help, but instead to the loose floorboards where I hide my weapons. Everyday is an ongoing struggle. One day, I would snap. I'd be ready to give up everything. I would grab my bag and go outside. People walking wuldn't notice me. I'd go into the back alley of a nearby liqour store. I would look up at the sky and see rain clouds. My own storm would start to pour. Then, it would start to rain. I'd sink onto my knees, my heart throbbing with the sharp pain of pure nothingness. I'd pull out the gun and point it at my head. All I'd be able to think about is why. I would look up one last time as the rain washed my tears away. Before I pull the trigger, the thunder rools, saying, " Stop. You don't deserve this. People care, I care." Overwhelmed, I put the gun down. I stand up and start to walk away, but stop. I look up as a final gesture as the sun comes out and whisper, "Thank-you." And as I walk away, I think to myself...If I was a cloud. 


The author's comments:

"The skin is a hard place to live."

                                -(unknown)