If I was a Cloud | Teen Ink

If I was a Cloud

By Leleanneee SILVER, Escondido, California
Leleanneee SILVER, Escondido, California

"I've already been through hell, so give it your best shot. Not only will I survive, I will win."

If I was a cloud, I would be alone. I would have no friends, no one to talk to. If I was a cloud, I'd be a rain cloud, hanging over the city, dark as night. I would look down at the people and see them hurrying about, only worried for themselves. I'd look down and see a single girl. I'd see tears running down her cheeks. Then, I would break open like a balloon, and it would rain. The rain would wash away her tears, and she would sink to her knees, her body wracking with the sharp pain of pure nothingness. I'd watch her as she pulls out the gun. I'd scream at her to stop, but she wouldn't listen, wouldn't hear. I'd scream at others for help, but they'd be too busy to care, to notice. I'd watch the girl and scream, like thunder crashing. Scream for her to stop, to let her know she belongs, she matters. Finally, I'd scream, and the girl would look up. She'd smile at me and put the gun down. She'd stand up and wipe away her tears. She would start to walk away, but stop. She'd look up one last time as the sun came out and whisper, "Thank-you". I'd look down and smile, and I would think to myself... If I was a Human. 

What inspired me to write this article, was the hardships in life and the temptation of death and an escape. We all have a way of doing things, and it may not be the best, but eventually, that sun will shine and bring forth a new day. I thank God everyday for the new day. 

Thank-you.

mwilliams SILVER, Nashville, Tennessee

"People will always choose safety over freedom" -Napoleon Boneparte

This. Is. Lovely.