Surroundings | Teen Ink

Surroundings

September 30, 2015
By Meli_14_ BRONZE, Cd.Juarez, Other
Meli_14_ BRONZE, Cd.Juarez, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

As I lay in the soft sand, the inevitability of death made its way to my head. The ocean waves crashed onto the rocks. Inhaling the salty smell, I realized that I had the benefit of the doubt. I had to live every second as my last. Death, I thought. Such a strange small word for something as big as it's meaning.

 

My watch read 7:40 pm, it was time to leave this beautiful place. There was something about the ocean that calmed every cell in me. As I walked by the pier, the city noise came to life. Living in California was stressful. Being the most typical girl around was like being invisible. A good invisible though , I've always been the girl that's just there.

 

I thanked the Gods, since I'm really not religious, that my school was close to the beach. As I strolled through the halls, every face looked vulnerable. People went day by day without thinking outside the box. Don't they realize that every action they make has a consequence?

 

I guess they don't.


The author's comments:

I wrote this piece when I was in a thoughtful mood. It got me thinking that everything you do in life has a consequence, and that you should be more careful in your actions.