The Girl and Miho | Teen Ink

The Girl and Miho

By LeilaCruz SILVER, Quezon City, Other
LeilaCruz SILVER, Quezon City, Other

The girl lost everything she had. Well, she actually has nothing, only her friends and her family, whom she lost. Her friends fought with her, and her family, they are just… invisible, they were too busy.
Then Miho came, she told the girl that she’ll be there for her, she’ll be her best friend. Miho comforted her every time she cried. Miho played and entertained the girl every time she was alone and sad. Miho protected the girl from her friend’s hurtful words. Miho was always there.
The girl was never happy even though Miho was there with her. She was always afraid; too afraid to even pray for her own death.
One night, the girl tried to compose her last will, yet not a single word was written on her paper, only a drawing of herself with a huge smile. That same night, Miho was watching her by her side. The girl noticed her so she wrote about Miho and everything about her: how they met, how they became friends and all those crazy things.
The letter that the girl wrote indicated that Miho was supposed to be the girl’s childhood friend. She lived in a province away from the girl, but, went to the city—where the girl lives, to study in high school. The girl never introduced Miho to anyone because Miho was supposed to be a little psychotic, so she can’t think properly all the time. They were supposed to be neighbors, so Miho always visited the girl’s house, to simply be with her.
That same night, when the girl slept, her mother was awakened by a kind guy, and so, she found out everything.
The following morning, everything changed. The girl’s parents talked with her and made her confess all her lies. They also bonded and talked with the kind guy who waked the girl’s mother last night. Then, the girl said sorry to her friends, and through time, they reunited again. The girl also devoted herself to the kind guy, this guy was a family friend who lives with them, and he simply cared for the girl (that night, he proved his care for the girl). Miho, after that night, was gone.
This story has Miho, the girl, her parents and her friends, and the “kind guy” as characters. Another is that, the “kind guy” and Miho are not the same person. One is real and one is made up.
This story is the story of a girl who was alone, and in the midst of her loneliness, she created an imaginary friend. That night, she planned to let her friends knew that she already has a friend, so she won’t need them anymore, and eventually commit suicide if they don’t believe her, leaving her last will—a wish to be happy, behind. But this kind guy woke her mother up to read her letter. The letter was all made up so her mother knew that the girl never had a childhood friend… who goes to their house every day. The kind guy predicted that if the girl let her friends read the letter, they won’t believe her, since, the girl claimed Miho to be mentally ill, and just who on earth will befriend a psychopath? And her friends’ unbelief will eventually lead to her death. The kind guy then, saved her from destroying herself and thus, the next day, everything was changed. The kind guy was proven to be the girl’s real friend.
This story was simply a story of a young girl’s need for attention, thus found it in an imaginary friend. There’s a lot of teenagers who seeks other’s care and love, they might not create imaginary friends, but they create imaginary worlds, mostly through forms of media, and this is very noticeable in our society now. Everybody needs a friend, mind if we all volunteer for someone?