Porcelain Doll | Teen Ink

Porcelain Doll

By Ink_On_Paper GOLD, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania
Ink_On_Paper GOLD, King Of Prussia, Pennsylvania

“Courage is not a man with a gun in his hand. It's knowing you're licked before you begin but you begin anyway and you see it through no matter what. You rarely win, but sometimes you do.” - As spoken by Atticus Finch, Harper Lee.

He had long stopped trying to distinguish the water from his tears. They both fell heavily, mixing together in a cruel and salty sea. His vision was tinged with black as he viewed the surface dancing above him. He forgot his quest, only focused on the emerging task at hand, air! It teased him; bubbles danced just above the area his hands could reach. The ocean flashed red and blue as sirens attempted to pierce the qualm of the Sound. He clawed through his icy captor, resurged by life’s final effort. Just before reaching salvation, he felt an overwhelming need to glance down. He then found the item of his expedition. Blond ringlets surrounded a small porcelain face, wringed permanently of the breath he desired. The former father dove back down to join the glassy figure.