Thoughts Taking Over | Teen Ink

Thoughts Taking Over

May 29, 2015
By CClovespandas BRONZE, Herculaneum, Missouri
CClovespandas BRONZE, Herculaneum, Missouri
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Monsters are real,
Ghosts are real too,
They live inside us,
and sometimes they win."


The young girl sat there in the corner of the bathroom floor crying. The bathtub was filled to the top with hot, steamy water. Her mom was banging on the bathroom door, and yelling to let her in. The girl stood in front of the mirror and stared at her reflection. Her hair was tangled, and her mascara was smeared. All the cruel things the kids at school told she took over her thoughts. She couldn't control them. She glanced over at the tub, and started to sob again. She knew the only way to get away from the misery, be alone, and be somewhere she wouldn't be criticized. She couldn't handle it anymore. She began getting undressed while her mother scream grew louder. She sat in the hot water and felt it burn against her skin. She crossed her arms against her chest and said, “ I'm sorry mother. I love you.” She took her last breath and went underwater. She felt safe. Her body began to slowly stop. She was slowly dying. She was on her way to happiness. Her mom eventually, made her way into the bathroom. It was already too late. By then heaven received another angel.