The Note | Teen Ink

The Note

By Molly Nicholson BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan
Molly Nicholson BRONZE, Clarkston, Michigan

“He’s so cute”, Krissy told her best friend Maddy, as her face began blushing as she gazed at Drew instead of paying attention during her history class.
“He’s so kind, he picks up my papers when I drop them and offers to help me when I have questions, and he is probably the smartest student in the entire grade.”
“Then just go tell him how you feel” Maddy responded.
“But I don’t know how, I don’t want to make a fool of myself, I just want him to like me back.”
Krissy tried many ways to tell Drew how she likes him. She tried a letter, a poem, cookies, texting, and many more, but none of them felt right. She tried talking to him but everytime she tried she would freeze up or make up a stupid excuse to walk away.
“I just don’t think that I have the courage to tell him to his face Maddy, I should just give up, besides nobody likes a nerdy girl like me.”
“I think he likes you, he is always helping you and trying to talk to you, or maybe he’s flirting.”
“You may be right but I don’t care anymore, it’s hopeless.”
Krissy walked into school the next day and was shocked to see a note on her desk that was for her. She took it out of the envelope and was shocked to see what it said,
“Dear Krissy, I have been talking with you for the last few weeks and just can’t stop thinking about you, I don’t have the courage to tell you to your face but just need to tell just how much I like you. I hope that we can hang out sometime and get to know each other better” and it was signed by Drew! Krissy couldn’t stop smiling from ear to ear and was so excited to tell Drew that she felt the same way.
When Krissy walked into her history class that day she walked right up to Drew and told him how she felt about him.
“I told him Maddy, I told him!”
“Told who, said what?”
“I told Drew that I liked him too!”
“Liked him too, does that mean he likes you back?”
“Yes, I walked into my class today and there was a note from him that said he wanted to hangout sometime, so I told him I felt the same way.”
“I told you he liked you, and it wasn’t that hard was it?”
“I guess not, we are going to see a movie this weekend.”
As Krissy skipped away with joy, Maddy chuckled to herself, “I knew that note would work.”