Halloween Horror | Teen Ink

Halloween Horror

One Halloween a murderous madman named Henry Johnson would fill all the candy with poison and hand it out to kids trick or treating. His intention was to make the children severely or even fatally ill. Johnson strongly dislikes children and enjoys seeing them in pain. No one knows why he did it Johnson is pretty scary looking with dark bags under his blood shot eyes, messy dark hair, his clothes are so old he’s worn holes in them, and his shoes are all torn up.
Four years ago on Halloween, I remember walking past his house with my group of friends. My friend Jill strayed from the group and walked up to his door. She had knocked on his door and eaten a piece of his candy. While trying to catch up to our group, she passed out in the grass. We all ran to her to see if she was okay but she wasn’t responding. Being twelve years old at the time, no one knew what to do or owned a phone to call 911. We were only six houses down from my house so Nicole and I took off towards my house and told my mom. She called 911 and then Jill’s parents. About five minutes later the paramedics showed up and rushed Jill to the hospital. The cops showed up along with the Ambulance and had to ask us questions about our night, what we saw, and what had happened. No one really knew much about what went on besides Jill walking up to Mr. Johnson’s door alone, eating a piece of the candy he gave her and then she collapsed into the grass.
The cops went up to Mr. Johnson’s door seeing if he knew what was going on, but he didn’t answer. They knocked one more time before they kicked his door down. They found him in his kitchen refilling his candy bowl. They arrested him right away after finding test tubes filled with poison. He was taken to prison and posted without bail.
The next day all of us that were with Jill that night went to the hospital to visit her. She was awake and responding but had to stay the night again. She didn’t remember anything from that night. She didn’t even know yesterday was Halloween.
That was the worst experience for all of us. That is something all parents and children should be aware of and to watch out for crazy people like him. Thankfully, Johnson is locked up for good.