Square People | Teen Ink

Square People

May 11, 2015
By Ashleyvdb8 BRONZE, Parker, Colorado
Ashleyvdb8 BRONZE, Parker, Colorado
4 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Everything is okay in the end if it's not okay then it's not the end


I see people everyday- on the bus, in the halls, in my classrooms. Different people with different backgrounds. I was walking as I saw cut marks on a girls arm when confronted about the marks she answered a shy “it was the only thing I could control in my life the one thing I knew wouldn’t judge me.” I thought long and hard about what she said about control and judgement. That’s truly what people think it’s okay to judge a person even if they have no idea about them.

   I gave her a hug and walked away slowly gathering my thoughts trying to understand why people can’t just love people. I mean there are some butthead people of course but you know what you never know the story hidden behind the smile. Equally treating people like people, instead of toys we can play with, and dump in the trash. I didn’t realize where I was going and ended up in a neighborhood.

    I saw children playing and adults watching over like a hawk. The little boy riding his bike and I wished so badly for all those kids to just love each other and stay the innocent way they were. I wanted to tell them you never know what’s the story to a person so you can’t judge them on what you don’t know.
   We are square people in a world that’s round. I walked a little further watching the people around me with a sudden urge to just give them a hug and tell them it was going to be alright. I turned the corner looking at the house I lived in thinking back to memories good and bad. I know life is a gift and sometimes you just have to go along for the ride. I ran to the door and opened it smiling at my amazing family.  Sometimes all you have to say is- life is good.