Rainbow | Teen Ink

Rainbow

May 11, 2015
By redpanda100 BRONZE, SCOTTSDALE, Arizona
redpanda100 BRONZE, SCOTTSDALE, Arizona
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Rainbow

 

“I don’t want to be the new girl anymore, mom.”

 

            “I’m sorry, but the company needs me here to help the airport run. The airport in Arizona was fixed up, and here is the next stop. You can’t run an airport through a phone, sweetie. We’ll talk about this more later. Right now, we need to move our things, get ourselves situated here in Hawaii. Think about all the fun you will have.”

 

            “But-”

 

            “Move your stuff into the room, then explore. There are many new things to do here than in Arizona. Look at all the green surrounding you!”

 

            There was no point arguing with mom. She is the ruler of this house. Above me, above Pip, and…… me. Well, at least she won’t be a hawk on my first days of school. She’ll be fixing whatever “problem” is at the Hawaii Airport. I enter my room lugging my luggage behind me, and I’m surrounded by peaches. Okay, not peaches, but the color peach. Like a very, very comforting orange. I see my queen size bed snuggled into the corner of the room, and a beautiful ocean view. I flop onto the bed and sigh. This experience will either be great, or the worst. Sniff. I sat up and looked around my room, but I saw nothing. No movement. Okkkaayyyy. I settled back down, and suddenly felt movement underneath me.

 

            “AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” Oh my god. There really are bed bugs, and fleas, and lice everywhere you go in Hawaii. I knew that I had to be extremely careful when we got settled in. The guy on Restaurant Impossible was totally not lying about the nastiness here. I’ll have to get new sheets and spray my whole room, and trash my perfect polka dot bedspread. I can tell my mother I was right about all the bad things here in-

           

            “Bark!”

 

I stop my very annoying banter( even I know it’s annoying), and look at my bed. Pip, our shih tzu, comes from beneath my sheets. It seems as if I’m ten times calmer, don’t you think? Okay, maybe I should tone it down on my food channel shows.