8 years old and snowday disaster | Teen Ink

8 years old and snowday disaster

April 1, 2015
By appprrriilll5683 BRONZE, Grandville, Michigan
appprrriilll5683 BRONZE, Grandville, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 1 comment

2008 flashback(Final)

It was a snowy cold December morning. The snow was piled high and it was making my whole house chilled. I wake my sleepy eyes, I roll over and look at the clock and it reads 10:30. 10:30!! That means its already third period and by the time I get ready and leave it will be fourth period. I jump out of bed and start getting ready. Im dressed and ready and down the stairs in less in twenty minutes. I’m looking in my refrigerator grabbing some orange juice and my mom walks in and says “April, it’s a snow day. Why are you dressed and ready?” I just stare. Like the kind of stare you give someone when you can’t believe that someone didn’t tell you forty-five minutes ago that it was a snow day and lets you sleep for the time that you were up kind of stare. Whatever right, I can just go back upstairs and fall back asleep. Wrong! I couldn’t. So, I plopped myself on the floor in the living room and started playing with my dolls.

Its 12:30 and Kylie is over. Since it was a snow day i’m not going to sit home by myself and do nothing all day. We are putting on our snow stuff, because thats what you do when its a snow day. You play in the snow that just covered the roads just enough so school would be closed. Once we get our stuff on we grab the sleds and start heading to the side of the house where it has a slight hill. We go down the hill a couple times. Its fun for a moment then all of a  sudden, just like that it gets really boring and we see the woods as an opportunity to go in and slide down the ravines. We start walking on out and try to find a good place to sled. We find this really cool one that is cut out and has a tiny little jump at the end. So we go down that a couple times, then soon that gets boring. So we finally realise that its the woods pulling us in. So we start walking around, (in my woods I have a little creek that runs through the woods.) There's quite a large amount of ice on the surface, so we thought it would be fun to slide on. We start sliding and we are having a blast. Suddenly, my brother comes out and finds us and he starts sliding on the ice with us. He didn't think it was ‘a blast’ like we did. So he started jumping on the ice, it started to break and the water was pouring through the cracks like it was lava. My brother started running deeper into the woods on the ice saying “catch me if you can.” Kylie and I (not thinking) take this as a wonderful opportunity and start chasing him. We have been running and chasing for the past half hour, we were getting water in our boots like we were filling our boots up with freezing water and sticking our feet in them.
I started not to like the water in my boots because I was starting to get cold. So I started to turn around and find my way through the woods. I got a couple of feet and I stopped and decided it would be smart to take off the thing that was making me cold. Smart right? No, the answer is no, but I did it anyway. I started to take off my boots and then I started to take off my gloves and hat. So now i'm in my snowpants, coat, socks, jeans, and my tshirt. Now i'm back off on my journey to get back to the house. I got a couple of feet again and I started to get cold so I started to get hot again. So again I stopped and I start taking off my snow pants; now i'm in my jeans, shirt, coat, and socks.
But I kept going on my little journey. I was walking and then all of a sudden I heard a noise, I froze. Maybe it was a bear, maybe it was bunny, who knew? But I was getting really scared and that just made me want to get home even more. I start running as fast I could, then all of a sudden my foot got caught on a log that was on the snowy ground, before I could help myself from falling I was already on the snowy ground. Usually I wouldn’t mind that I fell if I was in my snow pants but, the fact that I was only in jeans just made matters worse. I start to not like the wet feeling. Now in my mind i’m thinking just take off the things that are making me wet/cold. Now was that the right decision? No, i’m afraid there could’ve been a different decision made. But anyways I start taking off my wet jeans. Now i’m walking in waist high snow in my underwear, tshirt, coat, and socks.
I’m just about to my house when I see my dad come bolting out (he must’ve heard me screaming and crying) and he comes and scoops me up and runs back to the house. He sets me down inside and says “where are your clothes and why are they not on you?!” I just stand there and look at the floor. I wanted to run up to my bedroom and start playing with my dolls, but to be honest I couldn’t move. My socks were not just frozen to my feet but they were stuck on the carpet! To save you the boring details in the end end I got yelled at. But once I was done getting yelled at I sat by the fire to get my body re-warmed up.

THE END