Procrastination, the Story of My Life | Teen Ink

Procrastination, the Story of My Life

I glanced at the clock again. The time read as 1:00 A.M. I sighed and looked at the blank document on my computer. The stupid view of the cursor, blinking on the blank page of the research paper I am suppose to be working on. As I look at the instruction paper, I thought to myself, Ms. Clark is crazy to make us do this whole research paper in one night! Of course, I was just lying to myself.  She gave us a whole week to work on it, including the weekend. Now here I am, with nothing and the paper is due within eight hours. I looked back at what I had done the past week. Played video games, watch a movie, aka basically did nothing. I cursed under my breath, swore to myself for being so lazy. I looked at the clock again. 1:02 A.M. I sighed and went to the fridge to get myself a Red Bull.  I took a huge gulp from it, feeling the sweet, fizzy juice down my throat. Whoa! Now we are talking! I started typing words into the document, and when it felt like hours and hours of mind numbing work, I was finally done. I sighed in relief as I typed in my last concluding sentence. Then I laughed a little, not believing I had pulled off a week’s worth of work into one night. I glimpsed at the clock. 4:30 A.M. I happily hop into my bed and went to sleep. When I went to school sleepily that morning and turned in my paper, I have never felt any better. I bet I aced that paper! Ha, who needs a week to do a paper while I did one in about four hours! I felt so great about myself. Three days flashed by, and Ms. Clark was handing the papers back. I could feel that “B” coming, or even an “A”. When I saw my paper, I almost barfed out my breakfast. D-?!?!?!! How could that be? I thought to myself. As I see Ms. Clark’s comments, I realized something. Crud, I did my paper on the wrong topic...