A Day at Yosemite | Teen Ink

A Day at Yosemite

By stardicemagic BRONZE, Cupertino, California
stardicemagic BRONZE, Cupertino, California

Yosemite is constantly changing. From it’s ecology to it’s geology, everyday is a whole new adventure. Hiking throughout the wilderness and studying the various vegetation. The sweet aroma of the Ponderosa Pines and Giant Sequoias fill my lungs with a sensation that’s timeless, boundless, and perpetuating. I stride through the lush green foliage studying the after affects of a blaze. The biotic and abiotic factors have thoroughly changed within a short period of time. Who knew that a spark from a campfire could drastically alter the woodland landscape. Dozens of rocks lay in a pile up ahead; there must have been a recent rockfall. I wonder, one day, Yosemite will be filled with sediments that will reach the tops of mountains. A stream gushes up ahead, the sound utterly tranquil and serene. It’s as if the stream is like a vein that branches out to every living being. One lake splits into rivers and streams simultaneously working together as the life source to the valley. Without water, the vast vale would be no more. I gather my belongings and lay back to rest by the riverside, while the peaceful sound of unanticipated chirps lulling myself to sleep. It only feels like a minute until I step back on the trail, once again glad to be far from civilization. Night falls quickly but that doesn’t deter Yosemite’s beauty, instead, it enhances the picturesque landscape. The clear crisp wind cools my expression as I gaze into the continual accumulation of distant stars. Big Dipper. Little Dipper. North Star. Orion. Together they make up the canvas of the evening heavens. Yosemite is a nature paradise not only stunningly beautiful but truly an atmosphere where one can truly unwind.

Shortly after exploring Yosemite National Park, I was inspired to create a piece of writing incorporating the outlooks of wonder that I had witnessed.