Penguins | Teen Ink

Penguins

By TaylorLee5555 SILVER, Ormond Beach, Florida
TaylorLee5555 SILVER, Ormond Beach, Florida

“Come on!”
“Do it, I dare yah!”
The young flock of penguins prod their fellow dare devil into taking the first step into the deep blue abyss. Ruffling his soft down, the penguin stuck in the middle of all the ruckus quickly peeked over the ledge to take a glimpse of the water. It had been a long winter with an enormous freeze and the deep blue, thrashing and churning, was exercising her new found freedom.
“You can do it!” he thought to himself, and with a last word of encouragement from his friends, oblivious as to what was about to go down, took a leap of faith into uncharted territory.
The edge of the iceberg was madness with young penguins shouting phrases of disbelief and shooting each other glances of awe and wonder. Dripping wet and gleaming with satisfaction, the young Evil Knievel popped his glossy head out above the icy waves and met the gaze of the dumbfounded group
“Well what are you waiting for?!” he yelled, and sleek body after sleek body shot into the water, splashing and shouting to reunite with their thought to be long lost bud.