Escape

Thump thump… thump thump. Tyrone’s running for his life. Thump thump… thump thump. His heart beat is racing. Thump thump… thump thump. Tyrone is being chased. His family is starving and he stole a loaf of bread from the local grocery store. “Life didn’t use to be like this” Tyrone says to himself. “This city use to have good people with good morals and a promising future. But now… I don’t know what to think of this rat infested stink hole! I gotta fight for a little meal just so my family can barely scrape by.” Tyrone slipped by a near by patrol man and sunk back into the shadows. His pursuers chased after him with a rampant attitude like nothing he had ever seen. After he finally gave them the slip he walked home.

“God Tyrone when are we going to move out of this inane apartment!” Jane said. “Its too small, it smells, and we can’t even make the rent in this trashy community!” Tyrone had heard this argument a thousand times before. “I know I know Jane, I concur with you on every level. I can’t stand it either but what other choice do we have?” he replied back. No matter how many times Tyrone and Jane had this fight, Tyrone never gave in and was inexorable to move.

BAM! The door swung open. “Tyrone! Where is my rent money!” the land lord shouted. “Don’t you people have any basic ethical principals at all? I need money to survive to and I no Tyrone you never had the money to pay for that loaf I see on the counter.” Tyrone had a short fuse with the land lord. He had constantly harassed the two of them every day. Tyrone stepped up to him, curled his hand into a fist and swung as hard as he could. The land lord hit the floor hard. Blood started dripping onto the floor. Jane stood in a utter shock. The two of them looked at each other and new what they had to do. Together they picked up the body and hid it a clandestine back alley. Tyrone and Jane hit the raod and left the city in a dust trail. Never looking back.

turtlewarrior This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...

it was good. i agree it was sad.

LilStinka said...
Wow, that makes me kind of sad! Keep up the good work!! :)