The Pun Queen | Teen Ink

The Pun Queen

February 27, 2015
By The_Kobe_Kid BRONZE, Cupertino, California
The_Kobe_Kid BRONZE, Cupertino, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Samantha and Veronica were two great friends and known each other since kindergarten. They went to the same school every year and even in university. They just became 24 and always love to watch an Asian show called,”Gag Concert.” They got so addicted to that show, they wanted to become comedians when they grow up.
    Surprisingly Veronica’s dream came true when she turned 24. She was able to study a lot of instant jokes and the secret to stand up comedy and became a professional comedian. However, Samantha always get stage fright. Not like she was going to die, but she always loses a train of thoughts. Veronica was now a thousand-naire and Samantha was still working on it.
By the time when Samantha was seriously low on cash, she couldn’t take it anymore. She asked Veronica to teach her how to become famous like her. But Veronica was too greedy and did not want to share. So Samantha decided to go to a chemist to mix up biohazard elements into a non-radioactive drink so that she could be a good comedian and could always cheer herself up on the stage. The chemist put many elements into the drink and topped it off with laughing gas mixture. Then he put the mixture into an electric laser gun. When Samantha shot herself with it, nothing happened. She got a few apples and juggled them. She failed horribly.
“It's not that I did not know how to juggle, it’s just didn't have the balls to do it.”
“WHOA, that was a pun. Hey, that’s really pun. I MEAN fun…”
“Now just wait a sec-gun. Can I use this gun laser?”
“Don’t over use the gun. It could cause extremely non-stop pun.” said the chemist.
“Stop being such a pun……….k…,” said Samantha.
Samantha left the chemist (without pay) and walked by the streets. She saw a charity convention and saw many different animals of different breeds. A lady told her to buy a pet or store the animals into a safe home.
“Need a person to build an ark for all the animals you have in the convention?” said Samantha. “I Noah guy. Here is his address. I forgot to tell you that his whole left side of his body is gone, but he’s all right…”
“Oh, Cheez-its…,” said Samantha.
Samantha ran away for saying so many puns. She can’t even say the Lord’s name in vain. But she didn’t know why it was a bad reason. She thought of all the things she could do with puns. With puns, it will make everyone laugh. With puns, she could do stand up comedy and continue non-stop. She could do amazing things with puns.
“Yes. This is so shocking, but I am the PUN QUEEN!!!” yelled Samantha.
“I could do anything. I could do anything.