High School | Teen Ink

High School

SMACK I feel someone stick something on my neck. I reach my small hand over my shoulder to feel something that resembled the shape of paper. I grab it off my shirt to read what the piece of paper says, ”KICK ME.” The black permanent sharpie is going to remain in my brain for a very long time. I keep walking, trying to pretend nothing ever happened. I get to my locker and twist in the combination. As soon as I open it I see a very aggravating sight: My locker is empty. All of my books, gym clothes, even my magnetic mirror. I hear the annoying sound of the warning bell. My stomach starts to spin and my tongue swells up, what am I supposed to tell my teacher? I walk down the hallway as casually as casually as I think I can pull off. I walk into my science classroom that is very hard to miss with the big obnoxious sign above the door reading SCIENCE. I walk into the door and proceed to my seat in a glum fashion. Right after I sit down the bell rings that signifies class has begun. I look up at my teacher who is to busy taking attendance to notice I did not bring my book. My teacher Mrs. Gray is not exactly the nicest teacher. As pretty as she is with her bright red lipstick and bold colored clothing, she always has to be upset about something. Without even a sign her head is swiveling in my direction, she immediately puts her eyes on me like a hawk tracking its prey. “Where is your book Stacey Green.” She says in a voice so sharp it could pop a balloon. “Ummmmm…” I begin. She interrupts, ”Well you are going to have to spend science in the principals office.” I try to explain but she points to the door. I walk to the principal's office. I sat on one of the "bad kid chairs" and waited for the secretary to call my name. When she does she gives me a stern look as if to say,"You're irresponsible." I walk into a room that has white walls, and brown carpeting. There is a desk at the far side of the room facing me. There is a chair on my side of the desk. I walk over to the chair and sit down. High school should be an interesting time…If I can survive it.