seeds of the mind | Teen Ink

seeds of the mind

January 29, 2015
By goron45 BRONZE, FOREST PARK, Illinois
goron45 BRONZE, FOREST PARK, Illinois
4 articles 0 photos 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
every is a genius but if you judge a fish on its ability to climb a tree it will go its whole life believing it is stupid. Albert Einstein


Politics should be a field we frolic in. For some of us the field may not be filled with beatiful trees, Dandelions or sunflowers, but for all of us there should be some common knowledge. Let knowledge be the grass, that most of us don't have because that field has been shriveled up, turned to dust and blown out of one ear by the winds of the dark media. As politic's yell's

"wait!" the media says i'll be seeing ya....not. And so the harvest begins. from T.V shows to music videos it begins to slave your mind in a way that you didin't even know. the media harvest junkfood. It looks good like T.V, sounds good like music and taste good like flaming hot cheetoes. But consume to much of the media and it will consume you. a wise once said "you are what you eat." So be carefull or you'll live in your own belly of the beast.

So what is politics? Politics, in a nutshell, is knowledge. Knowledge in that same nutshell is the peanut. We view politics as boring so that shell is hard to open, but once we do that the sleeping giant within us is woken. It has an apetite for peanuts. The shells it crushes with ease and begins to feast. until it hears something knocking, knocking at its door, the giant heard it in its slumber and so it tries to ignore, but it cannot. It heard not one not two not three but four times more. Something rapping tapping at its door. the giant opens the door and sees not a person, nor a animal, not even a raven. But it sees the power it can cease. It sees opprotunity and.... the rest is yours to finish. Using your life as the pen, write what has yet to be written and use your voice to speak what is yet to be spoken with some much fire and passion I'd think you spit hyadokens.


The author's comments:

i think that when you have some knowledge of politics you have some knowledge of the government. with that knowledge you and a band of others can change things about it if you don't like it.(like how most people always complain about change but aint doing nothing about it). politics is one hell of a knowledge to have and it wouldin't hurt to give it a chance. it would make people more knowing of whats going on in the world. instead of knowing when the next music album is coming out.