Essay for goal | Teen Ink

Essay for goal

By Ryan Dircckx GOLD, Stanton, Minnesota
Ryan Dircckx GOLD, Stanton, Minnesota

Imagine a little kid about the age of seven doing drills all day. These drills were given to me by my dad. Seems funny doesn’t it. I’ll be writing this essay on a goal I have for my self. My goal is to receive a basketball scholarship to college. Do you want a free college? Also you get it by doing something you love? The most expensive college in the U.S. is around $65000. So you can see how spendy a college can get, a scholarship would help greatly. Basketball became big in my life when my dad showed me Larry Bird videos when I was little. I got hooked after that. I wanted to be just like him, so I worked hard to improve my game. I’m going to tell you three reasons this goal would be significant in my life. Starting with why I want to get a scholarship.
A reason I want to get a scholarship is free college!! A benefit of this is I will be able to have spare money, so hang with my friends. This might sound like kind of dumb reason. But my brother went to a very expensive college, so he had no money there. He ended up transferring, because he couldn’t go places with his friends.  Also I won’t be debt later in my life. This big because a lot of people get out of college and ten years down the road they’re still paying debts off. Most importantly, I will get a free education. Lets be honest, basketball doesn’t pay the bills! I want to maybe coach in the future, but i’ll still need a good job. Also free college will help me meet new people.
This paragraph will share information on why meeting new people will help me in life. I will have to make new friends in college. Being on a new basketball team will help alot with that. I play spring basketball. So I go and try out for teams every spring. This means I make new friends every spring. It’s great I love meeting new people and playing basketball with them. I don’t think it’ll be a whole lot different in college. Once I make new friends I will have bonds with these people for many years. Some of my parents best friends today are their college friends. Also who knows if i’ll meet my wife in college. A lot of people meet their spouses in college.  Learning how to meet new people will help me later in life with my basketball plans.
Now I will explain how playing college basketball will help in the future.Continuing basketball in my life would be a dream come true. To be a big coach or AAU founder, you have to have connections a name for yourself. Playing college basketball would help me get these assets. Colleges often call alumni back to college to run camps. This would be fun. I would get paid and help kids out. Also I would be able to get open gyms for my AAU team at the college and would get to work out and train for free. These are my three points for my goal.
It all starts at getting a free college, which will help meet new people and get connections. My goal was to get a scholarship to college for basketball. So this essay reflects on I see my future in basketball. It really all started when I watched those Larry Bird videos, so I got to say thanks Larry. This was an essay on a kid with a ball and a goal.

basketball