where my friends go | Teen Ink

where my friends go

By terrence watt BRONZE, New York, New York
terrence watt BRONZE, New York, New York

Terrence Watt
Inspiration to Write
Cautionary Tales

Untitled

“Ayo mike pass the rock!” yelled john. Mike the superstar not paying any mind to john drove to the basket and got hit,”.
“ And one!” he shouted. later that day mike was over at johns house, and they decided to go to a party,
“Yo bro we out to a party” John said .
“ Ii bet”, mike replied. later on at the party john spotted a cute girl.
   “yo bro look at her she cute”john said
Later that day Mike was over at johns house, and they decided to go to a party. "Yo bro, look at her she ode cute," John whispered.
Mike went over to the girl and said, "Hey shawty my name is mike what's yours?”
"Crystal" she replied with delight " well crystal I juss wanted to  tell you that your beautiful, and I wanted your number"  mike said                                                                                                                                           "thank you", she said "you're not bad yourself “.
      Crystal and mike started talking to each other  more and more after the party. They would go on dates, talk on the phone for hours at a time. Things escalated very quickly for crystal and mike that they started having sexual contact very frequently. The next few years fly by and mike,crystal,and John were in their second year of college. Mike and John were still playing ball with their school.
     One day mike was sitting home bored watching t.v and he gets a call "Ring Ring". "Hello?" he said with a faint voice.
"Mike?" Crystal said.
"Yea, wass gudd shawtyy?" he said
" Mike", she said again
"What?!" Mike yelled
"I... I'm pregnant", she said Mike was shocked so he didn't say a word. 
"I could have sworn I wrapped it up",he thought. A couple months pass and mike finds out that crystal is having a girl,they named her Sarah.
"Push!" yelled the doctor.
  "Ahh," yelled Crystal.  
  "The babies crowning, just one more push,” said the doctor.
"Ahhh" crystal yelled 
" wahh, wahh" crystal and mike finally see their beautiful baby girl. She is very light skinned, she has brown eyes, black hair and is 5 pounds 9 ounces.later that week crystal came home and was taking care of her baby 24/7, that's why she had to drop out of school. Mike on the other hand had to stay in school so he could Pursue his dream of becoming a basketball player. Mike and his new family were struggling with the baby and all and the had no help from their parents because they don't approve of the baby so they were practically alone. Nike couldn't keep a job and school wasn't any help so he dropped out so he could start supporting his family.
Mike soon met the plug and started moving work. He was bringing in almost a thousand dollars a day from his new job as a drug dealer. Mikes daughter was three now and get him and crystal lived in a house with a car and they had the greatest things they could ever ask for. But no education, "Was it worth it" mike would sometimes ask his self. " was having money worth more than being educated?" This question rolled around in mikes head for a long time it even kept him up at night. Mike started having doubts about this drug dealing thing and started thinking about going back to school. Later that day he told crystal about his plans of going back to school
"If you go back to school how would you keep supporting us?" Crystal yelled.
"With an education I could make it farther in life than being a drug dealer" he explains
" is having an education putting food on the table?, putting a roof over our head? Putting pampers on our daughters ass?" She yells.
Mike glared at crystal .
"I didn't think so" she says .
Mike kept dealing drugs and getting fast money only to please crystal but to mostly keep his daughter alright. On pitch black night in queens Mike was grinding and the police rolled up on him.
"Put your hands behind your back!" Police yelled Mike turned around and put his hands behind his back and went on his knees. He started to cry, he knew he was going in for a long time. The police started to read him his rights " you have the right to remain silent anything you say or do will be held against you in a court of law, you have the right to an attorney if you can not afford One will be given to you" the voice of the cop started to vanish in his mind cause all he could think about is who's gonna take care of my family. A month passes and he sits in the courtroom alone neither crystal on John is there. He got charged for posetion  and intent to sell. He got sentenced to 4 years in jail. As he sits in jail with no visits or letters he finally realizes who cares about him no one.