Lying | Teen Ink

Lying

January 21, 2015
By Sabbathiel Santiago BRONZE, Bronx, New York
Sabbathiel Santiago BRONZE, Bronx, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Tanner walked into her boyfriend's house. She walked into her boyfriend, John. As soon as she walked in he greeted her with a kiss. “Hey baby,” she said to him after their kiss.

“Hey, babe,” he responded. During the time she was with him many things happened including giving up her innocence to the guy she loved.
The next few days Tanner felt down. She was eating more often. The next day she went to school, woke up in the morning, and ran straight to the bathroom to puke. After she was done she got up and ran to call her cousin, Alexia. “Hello,” answered Alexia
“Alexia, can you come to my house asap?” Tanner screamed into the phone. Alexia was frightened to ask for what.
“Alright,  I’m on my way” Alexia implored. Tanner was laying down scared on her bed because she didn't want her thoughts to be true. Alexia raced to her car, but Mrs. Santana stopped her.
“Where are you going Alexia?” asked Mrs. Santana.
“I need to go see what's wrong with Tanner,” Alexia said. She didn't wait for Mrs.Santana to respond. She just jumped into her car and raced to Tanner’s house. As soon as she parked she ran up pushed the doorbell and ran to Tanners door. Alexia sat on Tanners bed.
“Start from the beginning,” Alexia said. Tanner explained to Alexia how she had lost her virginity to John and how she was feeling after that day.
“Do you really think?” Alexia returned. 
“I don’t want to think that, but it’s possible,” Tanner suggested.
The next day at school Alexia had bought Tanner a Test. Tanner had went into the bathroom to start it when she bumped into a student,  Kayla who was a 12th grader at their school.
“Hey, Kayla,” said Tanner.
“Hi Tanner,” responded Kayla. Tanner then went on with the test and in a few hours got the results. It was positive. When Tanner found out she wasn't happy at all. She then went to John’s house to tell him the news.
“Hey baby,” John asserted.
“Hey baby, can we talk?” Tanner responded.
“Sure,” John responded.
“I have some bad news baby,” Tanner added.
  “What’s the matter?” John said with a serious look on his face.
  “I’m pregnant,” Tanner said looking sad.
  “Wow, well I’m here for you, Tanner. If I made this happen, then I’ll be the father for my kid,” John said with a serious face.
Tanner got up to use the bathroom when she saw John’s mother’s earrings, the earrings were white silver with diamonds encrusted and were in a shape as a snowflake. The next weak Tanner looked the same she was still the same weight and no changes had happened. Tanner went to Johns house to spend time with him again. They were in his room and he was doing his homework for his english class. Tanner came from the back and tried to kiss him he ignored it , Tanner got mad at him. “What so since I’m pregnant you're not attracted to me no more.”
“No, Its not that i’m sorry baby is that i’m trying to focus on my homework,” John said
“Whats the matter why can’t you focus,” Tanner stated with caring attitude
“I just can't stop thinking about my child in your stomach”
“It’s okay, everything is going to be fine, John. Watch.”
John then felt love and kissed Tanner. John’s mother walked in on them kissing and just looked at John with a serious face.
“Mrs. Santiago, how are you doing,” Tanner responded.
“I’m good, Tanner, how about you?” Mrs.Santiago responded with her eyebrow up.
“Thats good to hear,” Tanner said.
“John, come help me lift something please?” Mrs.Santiago said.
“Sure, mom, but first I need to tell you something,” John said looking serious. 
“What’s the problem son?” Mrs.Santiago said looking questioned.
“Nothing, forget it,” John responded. When John came back from helping his mom Tanner looked at him bothered.
“When are you going to tell your mom our situation,” Tanner said looking mad. 
“I don't know, Tanner. I’m scared,” John said with an innocent face.
“Well, you're going to have to tell her before she finds out,” Tanner responded.
“Alright, why don’t we go look at engagement rings tomorrow,” John said with a smile.
“Okay” Tanner said with a big smile on her face.
The next day at school John walked in. “Hey, Kayla,” he said.
“Hi, John,” Kayla replied.
When John looked closer he saw his mom’s snowflaked earrings. John looked at her with a serious face and asked, “Are those my erranings?”
“What are you talking about?” Kayla questioned.
          “Those earnings you have on look just like my mom’s,” John said seriously.

The next day John and Tanner went looking at engagement rings. “Do you have cushion cut?” Tanner asked. John looked at her.
“So today I saw kayla with my mom’s snowflaked earrings,” John said looking serious. Tanner looked at John with an unexpected face. 
  “Wow, that’s crazy babe.”
John looked at her and said, “The act is finished.”
Tanner looked at John and said, “What act?”
John then went on and told her everything she did and everything that Kayla told him. Tanner felt embarrassed when John explained everything to her, she started to cry and she said “But I did it to be with you John.” It turns out Tanner lied about her pregnancy. Her friend Kayla was pregnant and used her pee for the pregnancy test. Tanner gave Kayla Mrs.Santiago’s expensive snowflaked earrings. Tanner said Kayla could wear them or sell them if she needed money for her child. John was furious when he found she faked everything.
“Now you are going to never talk to me again and leave my school. If you don’t, then I’ll tell the whole school that you faked your pregnancy just to be with me,” John said.
“But John, I did it to be with you. I did it for us,” Tanner said while she was in tears.
“No. There’s no us no more,” John yelled. John then left and went home the next week. Tanner changed her school and they never talked again.


The author's comments:

My story is about teen pregnancy. my story also includes lying and how its bad