The Week | Teen Ink

The Week

By nebeyu_t BRONZE, San Diego, California
nebeyu_t BRONZE, San Diego, California

"I am your father"-Darth Vader

It was my first day of 3rd grade I was finally entering the big leagues, all that kindergarten stuff was so last year. It was a bright, sunny Monday morning when my alarm clock blared out. I got dressed and ate breakfast so fast I forgot what I ate. My mom buckled me into the car, the car ride was ten minutes but it felt like an eternity. A mix of emotions was filling my brain, I felt both nervous and excited. What friends will I meet? Is my teacher nice?
I finally reached my new school, Washington Elementary School. I walked into the school where the principal was greeting students with Starbucks in her hand, her nameplate read Mrs. Annabelle. She seemed pretty nice I had a good feeling about this school. Soon the bell rang, I found this bell quite annoying but I ignored it and tried to get to class. Our teacher greeted us into her class where she chose our seats. I sat next to a boy named Billy he was bigger than the average 3rd grader looked like he should be in 5th grade. He had a stare that would want to make the most feared of men look away. Our teacher was reviewing our multiplication tables song to the class when Billy refused to sing along. He wanted to sing Yankee Doodle, when the teacher turned around he fired a rubber band straight at her neck. She slowly turned her head around and asked who fired the rubber band everyone was trying to hide their laughter.
Then Billy spoke up and said “I think the new kid next to me threw it.” The whole class roared with laughter, I was so embarrassed I turned into a tomato.
The teacher in a very enraged tone said “Did you throw a rubber band at my neck?” I responded in a soft voice that I didn’t. The teacher sent me to the counselor’s office where I met Mrs. Garcia; she asked me what had happened. I told her that I didn’t do anything and it was all Billy. And luckily she believed me, but then Billy came into the room with two witnesses they all claimed to see me throw the rubber band. I was about to cry, the counselor called my dad and told him to just take me home. On the car ride my mom said nothing but I continued to claim my innocence but still she remained silent.
The next day Billy henchmen were waiting for at the front entrance I walked as fast as I could hoping and praying that they wouldn’t notice me. But sadly they did…
“Hey new kid, aren’t so innocent after all” Billy said then he dropped my binder with a swat of his hand. My new binder was ruined! I was enraged by this I tried to punch Billy but he grabbed my hand and twisted it, I screamed in pain.
“I wouldn’t have done that if I were you” he added then he dropped me. His buddy’s gave me a huge wedgie. Then they starting punching me really hard I couldn’t bear the pain.
“You guys have had your fun, leave the little loser alone.” he said to his bud’s. The bell rang and I walked to class, when I got there the teacher had a special seat for me away from the rest of the class. Now I had to sit alone, well then again better than sitting next to Billy I thought. Then we were learning math in class for a while when the teacher walks out of class. I screamed in pain, I saw a rubber band on the ground in front of me. “Sorry, it was an accident loser.” Billy said. The class was giggling, that was it I got up and taped a paper saying “loser head” on his shirt.
“Hey you’re the loser Billy” said Patricia, the cutest girl at my school
The class then began roaring with laughter, they started calling Billy “loser” in complete unison. Billy was boiling in anger; even his own buddy’s began joining in the laughter. “Nobody makes fun of me you punk!” Billy said to me.  
“Hey loser are you going to cry now.” Patricia added. He got out of his chair and charged at me, I got knocked over then Billy started punching me everywhere. But then the teacher walks into the room.
“Stop right there young man!” the teacher said. Billy was given a referral and asked to go to the principal’s office. Patricia and I were asked to go with him; on the walk over there he stayed quiet. When we walked into the principal’s office the principal asked to see my arm, she saw how it had swollen up from all the punches.
“Billy, did you do this to him?” she asked in a shocked tone. He nodded. At the principal’s office Patricia told the principal everything he had done when the teacher was gone. After leaving there me and Patricia started talking, I thought to myself that this was the best day of my life.
After school I decided to use the bathroom after drinking a lot of water. After I used the bathroom Billy’s buddies stormed the bathroom, they shoved me back into the stall. They grabbed me and started dunking me into the toilet in and out; I was drowning in toilet water.
“Time for an underwater exploration” one of them said. They threw my homework in there too. A teacher walked by so they dropped me and ran away the toilet clogged up and soon sprayed dirty water all over my face. But the kids got busted by a teacher
“What happened here!” the teacher said. The kids stayed very quiet, I came out of the bathroom very slowly.
Softly I said “They bullied me in the bathroom.”
The teacher responded “What did they do to you?”
I said “They tried to drown me in toilet water.”
“You kids come with me this instant!” the teacher said. I went to the principal’s office with the kids. The principal was shocked at what I told her, and I just didn’t tell her about that I told her about everything that Billy’s crew has done to me. I felt relieved that I finally told an adult about this. They got kicked out of school just like Billy; I could finally be safe in my school.