Treasure the little things | Teen Ink

Treasure the little things

One lonely day out of town with not much to do and not much to say. Not sure what the next moment is going to be like and not sure from one minute to the next. A girl named Aubree who lives a life where she tries to do everything right and nothing but right. She decides that it would be a good day to get out and go spend time with her family and a friend where they decide to go apple picking, she thinks “oh well it’s another day to be out and about with something to do.” Aubree’s mind is always wandering from one day to the next, what she do tomorrow.
As Aubree gets out and spends some much needed time, she enjoys her day and clears her mind. After Aubree’s family and friend, Annabella go apple picking they go out for a bite to eat. On the way home Aubree receives a message on her phone from a boy who she has not talked to in a while and he asks her if she would like to come to a pig roast where they would get to hangout for the first time and get to know each other, in the moment Aubree didn’t know what to think she was so excited someone just invited her to go hangout and actually do something, instead of sitting home thinking about doing something and it never really happening.
When Aubree reached home she was exhausted from a long day but she was still had some energy for this pig roast it was kind of a big deal to her. As Aubree and Annabella got home they went inside to get their things and then headed straight out the door, when they arrived everyone was gathered around, and Aubree’s friend Bentley, was right out in the opening waiting for her to get there. After they talked for a little while they shuffled up the road where the fire and all the people were surrounded. After walking, Aubree stopped for a moment and wanted to take it all in and enjoy was right in front of her, in that moment she went to reach for her necklace that her little brother had gave to her one year for Christmas, this necklace meant everything to her. Aubree began to panic she didn’t feel her necklace hanging from her neck. Aubree thought she would never see the necklace ever again, she was so upset and mad at herself, she knew she should of left it home, but she didn’t. The night went on and Aubree still was down and upset about the missing of the beautiful necklace that’s engraved with the word “sister” this this necklace was much more than a necklace that said “sister” it stood for something, something that had a symbolism of “I will always be there for you no matter, what siblings stick together” Aubree’s brother looked up to her and thought the world of her.
Later on that night, a man proposed to his fiancé it was tremendously beautiful they would soon be expecting a little one. Aubree’s night seemed to get a little bit better just from seeing something quite that special that touched her heart in such a way, but she was still not as elated as she was when she first arrived. Aubree and Bentley began to dance, when all at once one of Aubree’s friends came up behind her and tapped her on the back and screeched, “are you missing something?” it was the necklace that came from her brother. At that moment Aubree realized you must treasure everything. From that moment on she kept that necklace closer to her than she ever had.