Rethink Your Decisions | Teen Ink

Rethink Your Decisions

December 9, 2014
By Anonymous

Sometimes things just stick in your mind, images that can tell a story or change your life and outlook on certain people... Images that can completely deter you from ever doing something you know isn’t right ever again.
It was a calm Saturday night. Life was going as normal for me fortunately, but outside of my life were a pair of people I barely knew who were madly in love. They were young lovers, spending almost all their time together doing what lovers do. It seemed as though nothing could possibly separate them from each other. On one of their casual nights out, they were driving through an almost empty traffic road sober as can be, but drunk in love. They were holding hands and adoring each other when an oncoming driver swerved into their lane hitting them head on at an extremely high speed. This sent them spiraling down a ditch into a bog where the car remained silent and nothing but heavy amounts of dust rose from the vehicle.


As the police rushed to the scene first, with ambulance and fire crews not far behind, the oncoming driver was extremely banged up. The police checked her out first as she is out of the vehicle walking around swearing saying, “It’s the other driver’s fault!” throwing a rampage of a tantrum, and acting sluggish and disrespectful. Not even of any concern for the persons in the other vehicle. As an EMT did a basic primary assessment of the lady who caused the accident, he found a bottle of Percocet, or oxycodone, in her bra. The police found open containers of alcohol under the passenger seat and alcohol on her breath. This lady’s knee was banged up extremely bad but she couldn’t even feel it. She was strung out the entire time almost not even knowing what she had done. Along with all of this she had a child in the backseat. Fortunately the child had only a small scratch on her forehead.


As EMT-Paramedics and Firefighters rush into the bog to check the other vehicle, they find them: the two lovers, no seat belts attached to either of the two. With head gashes and fatal wounds to the chest and abdomen. There is no chance of survival. But there they sat, holding hands which were covered in blood over the center console as it pooled with blood.